People are of too much importance.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HeroWho, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroWho

HeroWho Well-Known Member

It seems like in order to live happily I pretty much have to get along with people. That's not going to happen. Every time I find someone who seems like the type of person I can empty out all my emotions to, they end up being intolerable in one way or another. But besides that, I have a hard time working with anyone. People are what employ us, teach/raise us and make us feel like life is really worth living. If I lose the mental will to commune with people, I lose everything. I can't live if I have nothing.
  2. ready

ready Member

i'm trying to stop emoting to people. it seems to confuse them. it feels like people in my life generally don't want to listen to my problems cause they have their own to deal with. it's a cliche, i know. but it's true! it changes their perception of you. i know when people unload on me i tend to shy away. i don't want to deal with a clingy bag of luggage. but i really don't mind being here to help you because it's under my control. i won't see you cry and i can walk away if i want. sorry to sound harsh but that's how i feel. i want to help people but i feel i wasted time on certain individuals.

i had one friend who i use to make an effort go see. in high school he was a part of our circle but over time he became secluded and antisocial. i would stop by on my way to university or on my way home. i invited him out. i tried to inspire him. his younger brother, who became better friends with all of us, would break down when he got drunk about him. no one wanted to deal with his crying or his brother's apathy. you can only do so much for someone. anyways i went overseas for a year, came back, and he was hooked on oxycotin and tried to steal money from me. funny, his dad wonders why i don't come around anymore...

i've had a few friends go down that path. they end up trying to take advantage of you for change. like literally a hit. it's sick. i digress...

i tend to try and hide my emotions form people. my emotions get me into trouble with other people. lol so now i kind of have this shell i present to the world and under it, if people really care, is the real me. i almost feel like they need to earn that side of me.

does that sound weird? lol don't take it too literally....
  3. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

There are peole who wont disappoint you. Youa re a good person and anexample of how there can be other good people. Go to support groups or 12 step groups and listen to others let them listen to you. You will meet great people and amke true friends. YOu will be astounded how good people ca be.Im praying for you and hope you do too. Try my advice you might be very surprised. Sending my love and hope to you.

Write me too,

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i tend to seclude as well only talk to people when necessary it is better that way my friends are on the forum as we all can relate to each other. Having a pet helps animals give you companionship joy i agree that one should not download everything i did that and um even a different forum got tired of me so now i don't talk much anymore when i need to release my emotions i go to private diary there i stay.
  5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

It is hard to open up to people and then realise you have done the wrong thing I know this, I have been there all to often and god it hurts right it stops you talking to people. Like Violet said open up here, be careful who you tell things to and work on yourself more importantly, forget people for a while, be selfish and do what makes you happy.

Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.