People are sick

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Angelo_91, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is just me but, everytime I'm on facebook, I see other people's walls and I just observe people's lives, I see how insincere everyone is. I see people using the word 'love' so often it seems like they obviously don't mean it to the full extent if they use it so much. They just throw the word out like it means nothing.

But then again, maybe it's just me losing my mind. I just hate having to waste emotions and meaningful words on people who won't take it for what it's worth. It depresses me to see how much of a waste everything has become, and how long before people let go of their meaningless words.

Nevermind I'm just too fucked in my head.
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I think English is just too old. All this slang and antiquated words are piling up, and we are misusing - and misspelling and mispronouncing - all our words to the point that ever few centuries the language is completely incomprehensible by old standards.

I'd like to just adopt Lojban as the new language and stick to it, but that's not happening. We just have to accept that language evolves.
  3. Language isnt changing... People are... Liebe (love), used to mean so much... Something that is 'infinite' and beautiful... Perhaps 'divine', close to perfect... Now it is just cheap reason for people to f**k and move on to the next... Maybe in 1 week, maybe month or year...
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

That? The desire for casual sex and whatnot hasn't increased; people not get tangled in romances they don't want have decreased. People used to marr and stay celibate because of a very strict social system. Now that social pressure is more lax, people are more cavalier about romance.

It's also been shown that love stop working after a time, and with people living longer and longer, people are more likely to live through a love untill it goes stale, or to be more stringent in a life mate because they'll be together for a longer time.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know what you mean Angelo :hug: It does get annoying!
  6. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I realize people come and go, and the worst part is that there is nothing, let me emphasize nothing, you can do about it. It gets to the point where it's pointless to even open up to random beings anymore, they can't save you the only thing they can do is rip your heart out and make you self-evaluate yourself and change your natural ways.
  7. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Ugh, I feel the same way as you...I don't want to be rude or judgemental, but a lot of these facebook people (as I like to call them) seem so shallow =/
    which is why I don't have one :)
  8. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I won't touch Facebook or MySpace myself, mostly because I just don't like the atmosphere of those places. Too many pictures of people taking pictures of themselves in the mirror. You're not a celebrity; you don't need to be your own personal paparazzi.

But I must also argue that this is how the popular media portrays "successful" people to be. Always going on to the next party, always getting drunk, always having their faces obscured by giant sunglasses. Dear Lord, it drives me nuts.
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i totally agree, but sadly its the way of the world and how people conduct themselves now isnt it? pathetic in a way, imo, but we cant really do anything about it, i just get by, by ignoring them or not going on them at all. or delete them people taht annoy you.

but thats just me maybe.
  10. BH Manners

BH Manners Member

ONe reason the word love is overused and abused is because most people do not know what it really is anymore.
  11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I always thought I was capable of love but have found out on numerous occasions that it didn't matter what I felt , but my mate would use me for a while and then start cheating with other men because they would party with them. I was told I am to boring because I would work fifteen hours a day and come home tired and make myself a drink and then just sit looking at the TV not necessarily watching anything in general. I have excluded that word from my vocabulary and haven't looked for any one else for years. I have grown accustom to being alone and prefer it that way so I don't get my heart ripped out again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.