People are telling me to do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by absolution, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I have a tumblr and people are telling me i'm nasty and i should kill myself.. well ok :'(
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I am confused. How and why do they control what you do? You are an individual; your own person. Ignore them, unfriend or ban them, and stand up strong.
  3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

What's the point of living when they all want me dead AND i want me dead?
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You shouldn't listen to those people...are they strangers or friends? If they are strangers, they don't even know you, so their opinion doesn't matter. If they are friends, then it's time to get new ones. Never let anyone make you feel that way.
  5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

It's just, i already felt that way and they are feeding off it. like what the fuck actually raised them? idk i just need sleep so i'm going to bed c; thanks everyone xx <3
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

People are stupid. Some guy on another so-called support forum for suicidal people told me I should kill myself. I was feeling very depressed at the time, and I actually thought, "shit, even these people want me to die, maybe I should die"...

Then I snapped out of it and realized he was just a troll. He created his account THAT DAY, and only left one post on the entire forum. He was a fucking troll. Most of the people on the internet are trolls. Hell, most of the people in the world are trolls. Fuck them and what they think. If I'm going to commit suicide, it's going to be because I decide to, not because some anonymous fucktard tells me to. As much as I hate my life, it's still not as pathetic as the life of somebody who gets off on telling other people to commit suicide. If anybody deserves to die, it's them.
  7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Please don't take the advice of some mean-spirited people on the internet. The internet, with its anonymity, has made a lot of people into soulless, arrogant, little jerks. Unfortunately, it has turned me into that at times as well, where I can say anything I want with little or no confidence. I have said stuff on the internet that would have my parents beating me with a belt for days on end.

I doubt those people would ever have the courage to tell you the same information right to your face. If they can't even do that, you can ignore whatever garbage is spewing out of your mouth. Do not listen to them, please listen to the people here instead. Their opinion means NOTHING.
  8. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I would just delete tumblr. Most people on there are full of shit anyway. While the internet is great, it is also bad because people feel the need to be keyboard warriors behind a computer screen. Delete your site or ban them, you don't need people like that bringing you down, they are just bullies and really, what credability do bullies have? None.
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

those people are nothing but bullies and trolls...please don't listen to them
    no one is worth you taking your life over especially idiots who say things like that to another human being..
    I would report them to the admins if there's any..( I don't know anything about tumblr) :hug:
  10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

thanks for all the replies c: I love you all. And yeah I can't delete tumblr. it's the only way i can express i have so many followers i worked my ass off to get :c
  11. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Although these are very disturbed people, they provide you with several opportunities, how not to live your life, how not to treat others, and how to feel compassion for those who are truly quite sick...instead of even giving one second to the worthiness of their statements, I hope you can feel very sorry for them and feel proud you do not act this way...I think people like this, especially on the internet where people do not have to take real responsiblity for their actions, should be pitied.
  12. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I never really thought of it this way. I guess you're right though :) It makes sense.
    The internet can be such a cruel place to be. people seem to feel more empowered to try to hurt people when they don't have to take true responsibility. it's like they think they aren't actually hurting them and that's just sad.
    Thank you <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.