People are too superficial

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LightInTheDarkestNight, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

They look at a person and see what's on the outside and don't understand what physical health problems are causing everything, how that person actually feels irritation wise...

They judge based on looks, or they make snap judgements about preconcivied notions. They see one trait in you and they think that's what you're all about. If your looking for something you'll usually be sure to find it

Everyone has every just about every trait to which degree is the determining factor.

That's partially why I wish I'd lost a leg instead of feeling the way I do now, people give you sympathy/empathy because they have more of an understanding of what's wrong. I'm sure losing a leg is extremely/unbelieveable painful but it's a short last paining it doesn't drag on for months, years, or even the rest of your life.. While one could argue yes you have the pain of not having a leg you aren't in phyiscal pain from it, that's all im saying.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Not everyone is like this. It'd be more accurate to say some people. People can be superficial. I choose not to spend my time around these people.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

A lot of people are very superficial, but thankfully, not everyone is like this. :)
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

That is why I isolate. don't trust people to let them get close..
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

The so called powers that be in every country around this planet need to use some funding to better educate the public about mental health issues!!! Too many people would rather assume than try to find out the real person behind the issue. The death rate from suicide alone is staggering and yet more money seems to go into educating about spaying and neutering your pet!!!! Ahhh if only spaying me could cure all my problems (lol). But until the money is spent I will comfortably sit in my corner of the world, tail between my legs and hide away from the rest. They can have their superficial selves. I'd rather have my health issues than join them.
  6. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

everyone thinks im worthless in real life. why should i even try. everybody is obsessed with making me fail and keeping me from success. i hate this country i hate society i want to die
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can only speak from my own point of view. I've found that alot of people are this way. It's like it's too much effort to think and not judge, to go beyond what is on the outside.

Don't let these sorts of people get you down.
  8. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

With me, it seems that everyone thinks I have an good non depressed life. They see I have an job/live on my own/single guy. The Good life or so they think.

I had my own dumb brother say he thought I was asexual.

...........Rotten Kid.

But if they ever hear the news that I had killed myself, then they will realize they were wrong. That my life was an failure. And I hated it.
  9. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

for real, If I was able to get mental health assistance when I reached out for it no way I would be in the shape I am in, now I am almost dead, my next step is to decide if I want to kill myself or I want to live

But why should I kill myself, there are people who helped me contibute to this hellish existence I am in

Isnt it sad when you call these fucking psychologists and their first question is "do you have health insurance"

And the fucking county mental health services have year long waiting lists, probably a result of cut funding from the pigs in washington

They want people like me to kill myself, but why should I kill myself
  10. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

a lot of people probably haven't been where you have and so it's not necessarily easy for them to understand. That doesn't necessarily mean people hate you. At the end of the day, if you expect people to not like you, that will probably happen at least some of the time. Your relationship with yourself determines a lot how you relate to others. It is possible for things to change, but you have to be willing to make the first step and not expect other people to change for you - I'm not quite sure exactly what your situation is though.
  11. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

99% of the people are superficial. Its in humans nature.
  12. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

sorry mate, but I cannot agree, I do know some of the issues that you have and why things are difficult for you but there are more genuine people than you think. I don't think it's necessarily human nature to be superficial, just a lot of people don't know any different from the way the world is.
  13. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

i have a "hidden disability" that is VERY hard to understand, and no it's not the depression of which I speak.

See, I *APPEAR* normal--that is "well shit he should be able to work eight hours like the rest of the world."

[Excuse my language]: Man I get so goddamned fucking sick of that. My disability is a heart condition--but ppl see me walking about (in my normal, non-depressed healthy state, I am in fact a distance walker; it's what I do and love and can go 90 minutes no problem at an aerobic pace]).

But hell that's not a JOB, do you understand? See look - I take off for my walks at *the* optimal time when I have both the right energy, blood-sugar levels... a host of factors must coincide for me to do what I do.

Sigh. Hell, I'm 44 and it's going to take me forever to get disability (SSI), because I simply cannot work a regular job.

Anyway, I'm kind of.... eh, partial to my limbs Fargo (lol), but I hear you.

:hug: John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.