People being so damn fake

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I am so sick of people on here and people i know at the minute. We all have problems i understand that and i totally sympathise but sometimes, just once in a while id like to talk to someone that doesn't switch the conversation around to them and their problems. Ive got problems of my own which no-one actually cares about. Im too damn nice to tell people i cant listen to their problems so woohoo it carrys on. I am also so damn sick of people saying oh PM me anytime you want....or oh im always here for you. Its a lie, why bother saying it when you blatantly dont mean it. Why dont you say instead i have my own problems but ill listen to yours then switch it around to me?? Its more truthful. And then theres people who you try and talk to and say nothing back...but its ok their always there for you. Frustrated aint the word for it anymore. As for PM's in the chat room, why oh god why are they there for?? To make everyone else feel more isolated and depressed when they go into the chatroom and no-one is saying anything because surprise surprise everyone is chattting in the PM's. GOTO MSN OR SKYPE thats what its their for. PM has no place in this chatroom on here. Im sick of talking to myself whenever i go in there and there are over 20 people in there.

Sorry for the rant but it was making me angry

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's okay, you don't need to apologize for ranting.

I know you're frustrated with people right now, but I wanted to make a sincere offer to talk to you. You can PM me, and I won't switch the conversation around to me or stop talking. I may not always have the right words to say, but I'll listen and try to help if I can.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Wayne rant all you need to. I understand how you feel. But some people do say those things or make promises at times when they are doing much better. Then bam they fall and cant quite make the same guarantees. I know I always offer to help. I answer all my pms as quickly as I can. But I am horrible at initiating the conversation. It's better if people pm me then I can help them when they really need it. I'm sorry if I'm one of those that have disappointed you. Wasnt intentional.

Chat. What ya going to do? It rarely serves the purpose of support. It is a place for people to go and have fun or lurk. I know you see 20 odd people listed as using chat but when you go in there maybe 3 or 4 people are actually chatting. The rest are just hanging out or on skype or msn and dont log out of chat. I dont know what purpose that serves but it must for some.

Keep posting and let it out as the forum says. You may not always get the number of replies you'd like. But there is always someone reading what you put out there. And that helps a little too.

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I' don't know. To me, a talk goes both ways, doesn't make me selfish imo. If you don't like it, fair enough.

5. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying...I'm new, but that would anger me also....I'd say you could talk to me...but I'm not ALWAYS here when your online................and somedays, I might be like, distracted by uncontrolable thoughts.............
    what I'm saying is that if you need to talk and you and me are online at the same time, them I'll talk to you. And I will talk in the chat even...if I find how to get to it since right now I don't know. :p
    You CAN PM me if you like........but mostly, just see if were ever online at the same time....if you wanted...................
    anyway....................ya................thats all

:)

6. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

I empathise with you. Feel free to chat to me, or pm me anytime you like, although i'm coming on here less now.

yorkie xx

7. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

This frustrates me too, it happens in any type of conversation, not just one about problems. It annoys me how self-centered some people can actually be. I always ask people questions about their life, reply to every little line they've written to me and then in return I get a much shorter response that mainly just answers my question. No question back, no enthusiasm put into the conversation. Then there are those who just brag and try to one up everything you say. Arrrrgh. It pisses me off, too.

Don't give up hope though as there are people out there who would give you the time of day to have your say, as you can see from the replies above. Why not just be a little selfish in return and turn the conversation back around about you again? Both people should be allowed to have their say.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think people change the subject to themselves because they don't know how to answer your questions.. Or they may be trying to show you similarities in yourself and them..I;m only on line in the mornings but you can PM me anytime and I will get back to you.. If you need to talk you can always pull up my profile and my email is always up.. I check it about once an hour..Take Care...