people calling you 'emo'

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade

don't you just ahye it for those who do get called it. like when they call u emo and just beacuse you cut that pisses me off so much. theres this gal in my scool and she's scared of me because i cut. i mean just beacuse i cut doesn't mean you can be scaed of me. i am a nice person.

i mean even if you are emo, a cutter for attention whats wrong its being you.

oh yeah peopel think different of me because i cut. they think im a attention seeker. those are the kind of people who piss me off.

i hate it when people don't know who you really are and they talk.

LeaveMeAlone

some people are just so judgmental, if they didn't call you emo, you'd be a spof, or a spaz, or gay, or a nerd it doesn't matter, they're just not nice people. And you have to realise that most of them really aren't very clever either.

At the end of the day what does emo even mean? it means that you're hurting, and you show your emotions, it means that you outlet for pain is your own body rather than you bullying someone else.

some people are just so judgmental, if they didn't call you emo, you'd be a spof, or a spaz, or gay, or a nerd it doesn't matter, they're just not nice people. And you have to realise that most of them really aren't very clever either.
At the end of the day what does emo even mean? it means that you're hurting, and you show your emotions, it means that you outlet for pain is your own body rather than you bullying someone else.
Very true... try not to let them bother you as they have probably insecurities themself, that's why most people acrt in that mannor. But the way they handle it is very wrong. :dry: If you ever wanna talk just PM me or my contact details are in my profile (MSN, Yahoo, Skype etc..)

xxxx

:hug: :hug:

People don't usually say anything to me unless they're going to sympathise... "Oh, I used to do that too...I got over it though and so will you" kind of thing, although sometimes the funny looks are the worst :dry: Like you're going to suddenly pull out a knife and slit your wrists in front of them or something.
They're morons. I know it's hard, but try to ignore them :hug: It's not your problem that they don't understand.

P

ProzacDeathWish

This is just my dark humor at work, but I think that it would be amusing for a
person who was being ridiculed and made fun for self-cutting to quickly pull out a switchblade and reply to their tormenter "would you prefer that I cut you instead ?"

I'm not recommending that, of course, but it does have a certain appeal.

This is just my dark humor at work, but I think that it would be amusing for a
person who was being ridiculed and made fun for self-cutting to quickly pull out a switchblade and reply to their tormenter "would you prefer that I cut you instead ?"

I'm not recommending that, of course, but it does have a certain appeal.
Yeah, we are weird and evil and this and that for hurting OURSELVES. no one else but us... wtf!!!

:mad:

Yeah.. I sadly didn't even know what people were alking about not too long ago when people would say they were "emo" or say others were "emo" I was thinking, what the hell does "emo" mean.. :blink: :unsure:

RIDICULOUS IT IS.

mike25

I've never heard of 'emo' before. PDW, I liked your idea.

Blade, people are scared of that which they don't understand. To label you an attention seeker is hypocritical. I'm sure those same people seek attention in more acceptable ways such as being followers of fashion, or bragging about their achievements etc. How mundanely unoriginal.

These people 'bond' by huddling together, and judging others. What they're really doing when they judge is seeking approval from the listener to check they themselves are acceptable. Insecurity perhaps? You're proving every day that you possess the virtue of tolerance.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of 'emo' before. PDW, I liked your idea.

Blade, people are scared of that which they don't understand. To label you an attention seeker is hypocritical. I'm sure those same people seek attention in more acceptable ways such as being followers of fashion, or bragging about their achievements etc. How mundanely unoriginal.

These people 'bond' by huddling together, and judging others. What they're really doing when they judge is seeking approval from the listener to check they themselves are acceptable. Insecurity perhaps? You're proving every day that you possess the virtue of tolerance.

All the best.
I agree!

:grouphug:

Lost Disciple

Me and my friends used to joke about 'emo' kids, but we also joked the exact same way about ourselves, and even those kids we were making fun of knew that we weren't serious and didn't take offense. If it really offended them, they told us and we didn't say anything about it when they were around.

The people who say it because they don't understand, the people that think we're crazy and attetion-seekers, those are the ones that hurt. It's especially bad online, when you let something slip and you get all these flames from people who don't even know what the fuck they're talking about. It's like, shut the fuck up and learn about the people you're making fun of first! At least I understand the problems of those I make fun of, and I' careful about doing it! You just an asshole!

Anyone else have *online* problems like that?

P

ProzacDeathWish

Whatever the intended meaning of a word may be, it may always be corrupted from its original purpose. Why are homosexuals referred to as gay or queer ? These slang terms are common and understood by most anyone but neither of these two words was originally associated with a person's sexual preference.

As for "emo's" original meaning, what does it really matter at this point ( and who really gives a f**k, anyway ? )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00