people do think of you even when you think no one does

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by black_rose_99, Jan 19, 2011.

1. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I recently was in touch with a good friend, we communicate largely over email because we're in different countries. I've literally poured everything out to her an an epic email, including how close to suicide I was over spending Christmas alone and a huge fight I'd had with my closest friends.

She wrote back to me yesterday, and in amongst all the lovely, caring, supportive messages, she told me that her mum (who I've only met on a couple of occasions) had been asking my friend how I was - she'd noticed my posts on FB. When my friend told her I'd spent Christmas alone, her mum apparantly started crying and said that if she'd known that she would have flown over to be with me at Christmas.

As illogical as that plan might be, the sentiment was there. My friend could have forgone the whole rest of the email and just written that, it would have been enough. And what it made me think of was this: that no matter how worthless you think you are, how many times you tell yourself that no one cares and no one ever will, people actually do. Never in a million years would I have thought that my friend's mum would even think to ask about me, especially given how many people see me on a daily basis and don't think to ask, and yet it upset her when she heard how bad things had got for me. It started a chain reaction - if she can care enough to offer her support, how many others out there care enough to offer support? And why be so upset that I fell out with two people who obviously didn't care enough to offer support, when out of this whole experience, so many people have listened and heard my story and offered their support, love and acceptance, people that I never would have suspected.

I had a moment of clarity last night when I realised my life is doing exactly what it's meant to be doing. This is the path I'm meant to be on at this point in my life, and everything will work out - because people do care. And the people that have shown they care are the ones I want to keep around, the ones I want to work harder for at getting better, so they can have the old, happy, fun me back.

And you never know who at this point in time is thinking about you and what you're going through - it could be someone you wouldn't think of, and they might not reach out directly, but they're there, and you are in someone's thoughts and I think that's pretty gosh darn spectacular.

2. painful

painful Well-Known Member

how can you be so sure?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There is an expression, "you never know where the angels are"...yes, sometimes we do not consider who we have touched and who cares about us...this is a lovely reminder; thank you...J
  4. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

Painful - I can't ever be totally sure. But so often I have heard those words put out there "you never know who might be thinking of you", "don't frown because somebody will miss your smile" - I never believed them, why would people think of me? But then for such a random person to be thinking of me at such a time has kind of reminded me that there are always people who will think about you. There are people on this forum that I think about and wonder if they're doing okay. So I guess I just have to take this as some sort of proof and remember it when I think no one cares.

Sadeyes :wub: You're welcome for the reminder and I hope it helps to think of sometimes :)
  5. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

I'm almost about to cry. I've been saying that to myself too. See my signature? But over the past years, I still couldn't be so sure about that. So, whoever is out there that existed for caring about us, then, they are really the kindest persons we would love to meet and be with. The funny thing is, we don't know who they are. :shelbi: