People don't acknowledge my greeting!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by whym3, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whym3

whym3 New Member

I said "hello" to a couple of people today, one of them is my neighbour's relative and none of them acknowledged me! They just stared at me. What the f*ck is this? I hope they die a painful death. F*cking animals!:mad:
  2. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Ok, that's a bit extreme. There could be many reasons they didn't acknowledge you. Perhaps they didn't hear you correctly or were in a hurry or something. It's rude but it doesn't mean the whole world is rejecting you. Try to put it in perspective.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Some people just dont like saying hi...
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's hard to do that due to various factors but i'm sure your already aware of that, also I agree that it's best to try to put things into perspective but it can be hard.

I've experienced situations where a person or numerous people do not acknowledge my greetings and it's mostly been that they have looked at me but then looked away and they were in range to very clearly hear.

Try not to let this sort of thing get to you.
  5. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi and welcome to sf whym3. I often greet and get a stare look as if i was from a different planet and they stay mute. I guess people have forgotten how to be good neighbours or how to behave as a society. Each stick to itself and their immediate surroundings and outsiders are simply not considered. People just forgot hun, this habit to greet others has disapear as if out of fashion. Where are the good old days? its called progress (ya right)

be patient as not alll react like those two, a smile can be exchanged and returned, got to be lucky i guess but dont despair

be well and stay safe
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Wjym,
    My next door neighber is like that. I'll see her outside and wave to her and she just stares at me.(Witch). When I walk my dog past her house she will say something but I just ignore her and keep walking...~Joseph~
  7. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Some people are just not very personable. Don't let it get you down, there's plenty of good people out there who I'm sure would love to talk to you. Look at how many people have responded to your thread, after all!
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am sorry.
    Maybe they've got issues :)

9. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Sigh... He's trolling.

And if you're for real (yeah right), maybe they didn't hear you, give people are a break.
  10. White.Ryan.Life

White.Ryan.Life New Member

not to be insensitive or anything...but LOL
  11. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you were ignored Whym3. :( I just joined 3 days ago but I want to welcome you anyway, I hope you don't mind. :smile: Feel free to PM me anytime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.