people expect too much from "god"

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by anonymous51, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

All the time i see on here about people saying how "god is evil because he makes people go through bad things" and that "the fact that bad things happen disprove the concept of god." Well think about this, if god gave every single human being everything they ever wanted in life, would they still be a good person. Look at the children of these millionares and most (not always) of the time you see selfish horrible little brats who dont give a crap about anything but moneyk, how do you think god will judge these people?

What if god tests souls with different measurements. The weak and greedy are lured and seduced with rewards of wealth and power from doing bad things, whilst good strong people are giving the toughest challenges to prove their faith no matter what happens? its kind of like an exam, sure you can tell the examiner you know everything about pythagoras, and he may believe you but that doesnt mean you get an A+ without giving solid proof with your answers.

in the case of the "bad people," the amount of hard work and stress people go through to make it to the top through government or crime, and theres no chance that you will ever succeed but people are still more than willing to go through all that "sin" and lie just so they get the reward at the end. even after he has made it so hard for us to commit sin, people will still do it. Now joining the church or even joining a monastery are probably the most accesible positions for all of society. People of all ages and backgrounds are welcomed with love and friendship, noone is ever knocked back. There is no requirments of any kind, and it is easy to life a happy life with the church.

As far as i know there has been no crimes against humanity commited by "god" recorded in any moment of recorded history. The crusades? just a bunch of warlords trying to gain control of lands rich in gold and other luxuries. The war on terror? well the same thing really, just a different century with different luxuries :rolleyes:

Hopefully this doesnt turn into a big 7 page long rant about "god is evil because people die" it would be cool if people thought about what ive said. Id just like to point out that i am an agnostic, and none of the things i have said are my honest beliefs. I just wanted to see what everyone thought and in no way mean to offend anyone.

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I get what you are saying about God giving everyone everything than the person probably wouldn't be good anymore. It's like if everything is handed to you on a silver platter you will abuse the fact that God has given you what you want one time, so you'll want it all the time. I agree on bits of that.

I don't think God should hand over everything to everyone. I don't think that he should give people endless supplies of money. In that other post when I said if God was real we wouldn't be suffering I in no means meant we should get everything. What I meant by that is this. If God was real, why are we at war, why are people dying from AIDS, cancer, diseases, etc? Why are there some people with endless supplies of money and other countries people are drinking dirty, poisoned water? Why are people suicidal, homicidal, evil, malicious animals? I've said this before I think either in chat one day awhile ago or in a thread.

I think God(if he exists) is testing us. He is trying to see if we will succeed, trying to see if we are inately good. The problem is God's "test" is failing because we as human beings suck. People are greedy, people are evil, people are sick, depressed, dying and more. So his little test to see if the human race will turn out angelic like he so hoped is failing in front of his eyes.

I have true doubts whether God exists or not based on all the suffering. I don't mean people should be happy 24/7 because to me that's just fake. I jst think that if he was real the earth and people would not be in the state we are in.

I don't know...just my thoughts and I know many aren't going to agree on them.

3. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

You're not agnostic at all. Find a new term for what you are.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Even if there were no people in the world I'd have to come to the following conclusions:

(1) God has different concepts of 'good' and 'evil' to me, or (2) God may have the same concepts but is limited in his powers. This is based on the following:

1) Animals cause each other fear and pain, mostly because they eat each other - but why? Ok living things require energy, but surely God could have produce living things that supplied their own energy.

2) If God loves us and the planet then why are we doomed? The moon will move away from the Earth, the Sun will die, the volcano under Yellowstone Park will erupt, meteors will hit us from space... He doesn't seem to care about our survival that much does He?

5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

"a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience." Please read what i typed at the bottom, i said that in no way were these my true beliefs, they were just possible theories i threw out to see what people though

"but surely God could have produce living things that supplied their own energy." once again people saying god must have superpowers to create life, if hes god he can do whatever he wants right? maybe not? is it so hard for people to imagine a combination of scientific and spiritual theories as an option? one thing i hate is when athiests dumb down christianity. "christians think a big man in a cloud zapped the world into real life and dropped animalz into it. theyre so stoopid L0LZ." The majority of standard christians understand that the bible is an outdated source of information depiciting "true" events. They dont follow it for every sentence but look at the morals and teachings behind the story.

"If God loves us and the planet then why are we doomed? The moon will move away from the Earth, the Sun will die, the volcano under Yellowstone Park will erupt, meteors will hit us from space... He doesn't seem to care about our survival that much does He?" Just because he created the earth, whos to say he has any control over it? maybe we are simply put on a world and left to our own devices and he observes what choices until our judgement.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2008
  6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

He's an atheist, perhaps?

7. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Chat Monitor Join Date: Jan 2007

people expect too much from "god"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the time i see on here about people saying how "god is evil because he makes people go through bad things" and that "the fact that bad things happen disprove the concept of god." Well think about this, if god gave every single human being everything they ever wanted in life, would they still be a good person. Look at the children of these millionares and most (not always) of the time you see selfish horrible little brats who dont give a crap about anything but moneyk, how do you think god will judge these people?

What if god tests souls with different measurements. The weak and greedy are lured and seduced with rewards of wealth and power from doing bad things, whilst good strong people are giving the toughest challenges to prove their faith no matter what happens? its kind of like an exam, sure you can tell the examiner you know everything about pythagoras, and he may believe you but that doesnt mean you get an A+ without giving solid proof with your answers.

in the case of the "bad people," the amount of hard work and stress people go through to make it to the top through government or crime, and theres no chance that you will ever succeed but people are still more than willing to go through all that "sin" and lie just so they get the reward at the end. even after he has made it so hard for us to commit sin, people will still do it. Now joining the church or even joining a monastery are probably the most accesible positions for all of society. People of all ages and backgrounds are welcomed with love and friendship, noone is ever knocked back. There is no requirments of any kind, and it is easy to life a happy life with the church.

As far as i know there has been no crimes against humanity commited by "god" recorded in any moment of recorded history. The crusades? just a bunch of warlords trying to gain control of lands rich in gold and other luxuries. The war on terror? well the same thing really, just a different century with different luxuries

Hopefully this doesnt turn into a big 7 page long rant about "god is evil because people die" it would be cool if people thought about what ive said. Id just like to point out that i am an agnostic, and none of the things i have said are my honest beliefs. I just wanted to see what everyone thought and in no way mean to offend anyone.

jesus Christ! How much can the box of a soap can take.
    This is already a book.

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

From a Christian perspective, the world is doomed because the world is not intended to be the "be all and end all" of existence. We are here to learn and to grow spiritually so that our place in the afterlife can be solidified. If Heaven DOES exist, then we will certainly not miss this world once we get there. The world is temporary.

9. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

The higher power,e.g. your friend there, is a dictator. How come an omnipotent ,wise ass did not anticipate that what he had created has the tendencies to be all & end all ,idealists? I do not want an afterlife. I just want to die & become the goddamn soil. Thats it,no more ,no less than that.You may say freewill. Maybe he/she Wiki freewill. Spiritility ? I do not want to really grow that way I have enough chaos growing chronologically'please spare me from that.

He/She has so many promises He cannot even know which one is a lie or a joke. " Do as I say or be burn in Hell " . My ass

10. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

:laugh: perhaps he's a debater

11. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

perhaps he is a KKK .

12. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

In other words, there may be God but he won't lift a finger to help those genuinely in need of help so whats the point in praying to him for help? since we are all meant to die, when our time comes, why can't we just die painlessly instead of going through all the pain and suffering? Why must he put us through the mental anguish & physical pain? In my latest opinion, I think God exists but he won't help no matter how we beg him cos our so-called lives on earth is considered as a short time compared to eternal life and all of us are meant to die. So some by old age, some by accidents, some by sickness and us by suicide. Fuck life!

13. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

What is that supposed to mean?

14. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I really don't know,it just pop up. There are days I am so dazed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.