People hunters.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoMoneyToPlease, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

People hunters.
    Those who prey on the weak.
    Your thoughts on this?

I Know it is a mite wimpy to ask you guys to get the ball rolling on this one but I can assure I will expand my know how it is,wanting to talk about a topic but needing to wait for someone to say something tangible in response. ;)

Or just glide right by this,that is fine. :)

But seriously,what do you think about people who view others as game?
    Tactics they use,behind the scenes terror,convincing someone that they're worthless,laughing off their victims pain,singling out the "weirdo".

Please,you're response does not have to be structured.We could all work together in understanding what makes such problem people tick (so badly).

Many a mickle makes a muckle.
  2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

personally i believe it is an insecurity in themselves which makes them prey on others to give themselves a feeling of control and/or distorted selfworth (being worth "more" than the victim.)
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Id look in abusive relationships. Alot of it is insecurities and dominence issues, among other things.
  4. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Where do I start...
  5. NoMoneyToPlease

@bhawk-Why can't they just admit they feel insecure?

@Blake-You mean like a pecking order?

@Xaos-Where do you start?At the beginning...but only if you want to. :)

But before you do,remember I am not a professional and also a little bit "special".

Don't want to false advertise or get your hopes up.
  6. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

who likes to admit their insecurities, people find it easier to take their own problems out on others. Everyones done it at some point but most people learn how to cope with it.
  7. NoMoneyToPlease

Yes,good observation.
    I wonder how tough it must be to keep up the act of being in control and not being able to reach out for help due to your choice?
  8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

That'd be one way of putting it I suppose, but pretty generalized. Some people enjoy taking charge and control of other people because of the "rush" they get. I suppose it's like fluid control without any responsibility for the outcome. Plus you get to dictate someone, who in the end looks up to you and "obeys" your desires.
    Some do it because they simply cannot deal with lifes "inconsistancies" and unknown aspects, so they control the people in their life to dictate what enters into their own life.
    There's so many ways of coming about why someone wants to prey on another.
    Do you have an example of how you mean, would make it easier :) Im sure we could bounce from there to other ideas, but a starting point would be nicer
  9. NoMoneyToPlease

William Melchert-Dinkel is a good example,I found out about him today.

He set out to dominate another persons though process and controlled their life right up to the end.
  10. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

It's not always just about insecurities - psychopaths, for example, are very narcissistic and derive great pleasure from getting ahead and preying on the weak. Some people enjoy the feeling of control they have, because they feel their own life is out of control - alternatively, everything could be under perfect control for them, but they still enjoy that feeling.
  11. NoMoneyToPlease

@Happyville-I think throughout our development into adults most of us have experienced the pleasure of being in control by implementing abusive tactics.
    But then our conscience kicks in and we carry on the work of learning about ourselves.
    The thing is no-one really knows the truth about psychopaths because they are not the easiest of people to get the sincere truth regarding their motives.

Are they insecure?...or are they too self assured?

Are people who seek control over others developmentally retarded?
  12. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

And with psychopaths, their conscience never kicks in.
  13. NoMoneyToPlease

Happyville,I find that to be a very scary reality indeed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.