people taking xanax,

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stturtle, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stturtle

stturtle Member

so today I got prescribed xanax, and I just wanted to know from anyone taking the drug, what are side effects and all that jolly stuff? I didn't even think about it until just now, and then realized my doctor hadn't told me of any side effects. So are there any? And if so, what are they?
  2. ohnotagain

ohnotagain Member

The first side effect is "A Will to Live"
    Secondly xanax belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines.which act on the brain and nerves to produce a claming effect. Recorded side effects are as follows: Drowsiness or diziness. A severe reaction may include slurred speech, clumsiness, mood swings, decreased libido. These more severe reactions are uncommon so do not hesitate to see your doctor
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I was talking xanax for months. It's an amazing drug but highly addictive. I never got any side effects from xanax. It did make me feel stoned though.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My doctor told me a story when he prescribed mine. He had prescribed some for a lady and she got in her car and was driving down the road and swerved into another car. She put the lady she hit in intensive care. A week later the lady died. The one that hit her was charged with driving under the influence and vehicular man slaughter. She got life in prison.
    I almost did the same thing,luckily I had my daughter in the car and she made me pull over and she drove me home. I was drowsy and kept nodding off behind the wheel. So I highly recommend that you not drive. I have been on them for about a month in a half and they still make me drowsy when I first take them so I will lie down and about an hour later I will wake up and feel fine. I still don't drive when I am on them. That one time scared me. Take Care!!~Joseph~
  5. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

i actually gained weight when i was on taking these,
  6. stturtle

stturtle Member

Thank you all. I don't really have to worry about the driving thing, I've got people that'll drive me. Although I'm not necessarly looking forward to possibly feeling stoned.
  7. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Turtle, beyond about 5 days (yes, 5) they and Klonopin are about the most useless, fiercely addicting drugs you can you get yourself into. I have been there and back a couple times over.

Xanax withdrawal is something you never will forget - but you needn't take my word. Suggest you take a gander at our Substance Abuse forum, but the following are just essential reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.