People to understand

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sweetsweet, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetsweet

sweetsweet Well-Known Member

There are certain people in my life that I really want to open up to and reveal that I have attempted suicide in the past and can still be suicidal. I think it would change the way the look at me. The thing I'm afraid of though is that they will turn away from me. I know a lot of people feel uncomfortable and somewhat intimidated when they are around a suicidal or former suicidal person. I would just like to find a way though to tell them because it is a huge part of who I am whether I want to face it or not.

2. Chado2423

Chado2423 New Member

3. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Imo- don't tell them you are suicidal. I've never gotten any supportive replies when telling some one this. I told my mom and she became angry, told me to do it. It's like they agree with me that I should kill myself. You could just maybe say that you are feeling down, don't like how your life is going, had depression problems etc.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should open up to them , even though it may be very difficult to do so. Or maybe you should talk about this to a counsellor? I don't really know what else to say, If you want to talk feel free to PM me :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.