People Who Abuse Animals

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Will, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I usually don't get so angry over things. But I was flipping through the channels the other night, and there was something about Animal Abuse, and how the cops investigate it or something.

Some idiots hung 3 cats with ropes from a tree. Some neighbors called the police, and the cats were okay, but suffered alot of neck damage.

That set me off. I can't believe some idiot would do such a thing. Ugh, disgusting people. The animals never did anything to them!

Atleast the neighbors called before it was too late. I'd want anyone who did that to animals to put away, maximum penalty!

Ugh :mad:
  2. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

I completely agree!

I've had lots of dogs in my life and I could never imagine hurting them and I just really can't understand the mentality of those who can. I hear stories all the time of stuff like this happening. Why isn't that end of the gene pool being roped off and emptied?

3. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

As I'm sure most will agree, animal abuse is completely wrong. I think most of the time the punishment should be worse then what they give sometimes. If you don't want to take care of a pet, then don't get one. If you don't like animals, pay no attention to them, don't be a ass and hurt them.

That kinda stuff makes me angry as well. I used to watch those animal rescue programs, but after I while I couldn't take seeing all the mean stuff people did to their pets.
  4. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I hate people who abuse animals. My dog is from a rescue centre and he had been cruelly treated in a previous home. It took a long time for him to trust me that I wasn't going to hurt him.
  5. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

I'm not saying animals are on the same level as humans, but they are inherently innocent. They don't really murder or rape or stea, so it's always upsetting when a human hurts and innocent animal. Especially when they do games with it like put it in a microwave or, you know, abuse it in general. It's really quite disgusting to me.
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Ugh, animal abusers. :dry: People like that seriously make me feel ill. Anytime any of those animal shows come on, the ones where the people go and rescue them, I have to turn it off, because it just makes me angry at the people to did that to 'em. They can't defend themselves, unless they're like a huge dog, but yeah, it's just pathetic. :dry:
  7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I like stories about elephants breaking free from their captors / trainers and stomping them. Bulls going berserk and killing their matadors. Rodeo horses throwing off their riders and kicking their ribs in. At least revenge is happening somewhere.
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Animal abuse is inexcusable. They may not be human, but they still feel. they give love unconditionally and if treated well are more loyal than people. Why anyone would wish to hurt them I will never understand.
  9. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

i've always had a sypathetic side for any animal. and to see the animals in cages, it hurts me. i love my dogs and cats to death (natural of course) and when someone does somethiing to hurt an animal, i want to give them the same treatment
  10. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

More and more research is showing that many animals are as smart, if not smarter than humans. Just not in the exact same sense that "we the self appointed rulers" measure intelligence.

Elephants have shown the same attitudes as those people suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. Birds have been taught to the level of a five year old.

For my philosophy class I read a story that basically suggested that other creatures may in fact be smarter than us but we are too stupid to understand them with our inferior languages and comprehension skills.

If I ever witnessed animal abuse in person I would probably be spending at least 10 to life in prison.
  11. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I don't really react to humans getting hurt but animals I sympathize and empathize with.....

I actually have more concern for animals than humans. my personal factoid.
  12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Dog fighting, particularly popular in low income street gang infested American neighborhoods especially horrifies me. It's a worldwide phenomenon and often goes on without fear of prosecution because it is too often generally regarded as not a serious crime- and it is very lucrative.

The practice of procuring "bait" animals is particularly sadistic.Tame, loving friendly dogs and cats are "adopted" to be given to a dog "in training" to tear to pieces to teach it the all important fighting arena instinct of bloodlust. Pets are even stolen from unattended cars in parking lots and people's property. The thought of my beautiful dog (now deceased) dying so cruelly while some knuckle dragging, gold-toothed, prison tattooed, gang-banger lowlife cheers it on is a daily reality for many pet owners.

Those heartbreaking Lost Dog/Cat postings on telephone polls make me even more sad now.
  13. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

:dry: Sadly I know that anger you feel. I remember (and I was NEVER a part of this) my cousins actually putting animals in trash cans with blackcats (the fireworks that shoot off loudly) and even though this may sound funny to some, they actually used to set off bottle rockets and other really explosive fire works in animals butts (pretend the "butts" part was whispered quietly) :sad:. I actually punched one of them in the face and kicked her in the head when she dropped, which gave her a bloody nose when she told me that she had done that :smile: (but I don't condone violence :laugh:. Scout's Honor. Felt great at the time though!! :tongue:). I also cannot understand why people decide to abuse animals. It's so cruel. They feel the same pain we feel. I've always looked at them as, "Would I want them to treat me in the same fashion if the tables were turned?" sort of way. I've never hit an animal (not even my dogs for nipping me in the ass (he was just trying to get my attention and nipped me)). I even try not to squish bugs (even though I don't like most of them). I could never understand how people could be so cruel, especially to animals like cats or dogs or even hamsters (R.I.P. my dearest Cleo!! :sad:) I have a really strong bond with all of my animals (even my cornsnake Zaphod again!! :laugh:). Even though it might not be the case, I believe they love me back and don't like me just because I feed them (at least I like to believe).
  14. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with this. Revenge is something that is kind of iffy for me, but at the same time, there is a sense of. . . I can't think of the word right now. Have you seen the video where the elephant sits on this guy's head? I saw it on Spike TV's Most Amazing Videos and had quite a laugh (no offense to anyone) and also on AFV where this guy was getting on this camel's back and then this other camel nipped his butt/thigh. That was hillarious too (again no offense to anyone)!!