people who have good social skills despite their mental illness are lucky..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by asking_advice, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

people who have good social skills despite their mental illness and guts to say their issues are lucky because they can find a lot of support when they are suicidal or feel alone. they can have many friends and romantic type of relationship.

im good in social skills but it is not easy for me to say in my close friends that i have issues like suicidal thought. i need to be strong and copy the action of normal people.

im hoping.. one day.. i can be happy on my own and accept things of what it is.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello Asking,
    I can understand your situation, but I can promise you that your friends and family do want to know these things. They care about you and they can help you if you allow them to. Reach out friend and allow those who love you to help you in the way only they can. I hope this helps.

3. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I have terrible social skills and when I started with depression my friends didn't want to know. I'm jealous of the people who are surrounded by friends and family, who jump to help when problems arise. I wish I could offer words of encouragement but it's hard for me to do so when I'm stuck with the crappy experiances I've had. All I can say is...never stop hoping. And you are normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.