People who have met me...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by resistance, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Well I'll give you a bit of background. For quite a few years I have had major problems when it comes to self confidence and self esteem etc, and a large part of that was to do with my appearance. It was one of the reasons why I was bullied at school and it effected my self worth so much I cannot put it into words. I rarely spoke about it because it hurt so much and when I did I usually ended up crying. I was too scared and embarrassed to seek professional help about it but one night I spoke to a very good friend of mine and I'm convinced it was that chat that gave me the courage to speak out and get the help I needed.

So I booked an appointment and got seen to, was one of the hardest times in my life. That 'feature' still isn't perfect but it did help my confidence level a bit.

Now tonight my mum visited and she made a comment out of the blue about this.. feature.. and now I feel utterly crap, right back to where I was before I went to get this seen to... :( I don't think it was her intention at all but now I feel ugly and I just want to fall into a pit and stay there.

This may seem like a daft question, it probably is, but I was wondering, those who have met me, do you think I'm unattractive or anything? Honestly. I don't know how this question is exactly going to help me, I guess tonights events have really given my self confidence a major battering, I don't think it could get any worse. :(

2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Well, I've met you, and I think you're gorgeous :smile: Inside and out.

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

*agrees with Fee*

You're very pretty hun, and you're an amazing person, both inside and out :) :hug:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I haven't met you, but I have seen pictures and I think you are a beautiful young woman. Peolpe can be so cruel without even thinking. I am sorry she raised old wounds Res. :hug:

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thanks guys :wub: :hug:

6. tintin

tintin Guest

Your stunning hun, and don't let people tell you otherwise. Love you hun <3

7. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Elly El, you're bloody gorgeous!!!!! :wub:

8. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I can see where you're coming from. I wish I could do something now to make you feel good about yourself and hopefully one day you'll come to that place where you realise that actually your heart is in the right place and that you are a great person.
    I haven't met you but I've seen your picture on Facebook and it's hardly unattractive.

9. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thanks guys :) :hug: to you all

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry, but just saw this (galsheimers!)...each of us has a sore spot...one which hurts when touched...I have not met you in person, so I can only talk about your spiritual beauty, which is event to all that know you..J

11. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

your one amazing looking woman and im very jealous of callum:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.