People who say you must still want to live..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletDawn

SF Supporter
Don't you just love the folk who say helpful things like "part of you must still want to live" or "something must be keeping you here". Then my favourite is "why didn't you (kill yourself)?"

So sick of it all. I can't stand this god damn existence. I want out. To hell with life. To hell with it all. To hell with people who just don't get it. Wish I could just smash them in the teeth but my non violent nature wouldn't let me actually do that.. *sigh*

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sorry you are hurting. People say lots of different things to try and ease others pain, don't take it to heart just let it be human nature trying to lessen others distress.

VioletDawn

SF Supporter
What does keep you here - you personally?
Fear of the dying process and death itself has led me to hesitate and/or not commit fully enough to see it through. Self preservation enjoys taunting me on a regular basis.

Life is now too painful for me to bring myself to choose that. I go through the motions because I've been conditioned that suicide is wrong. Little by little I'm trying to bypass the instincts so I can be free

Ella

Hope.less
I think people say that to outline the strength you have that youre still alive despite the suicidal thoughts and it does take a lot strength to ignore those thoughts. I dont think they mean to make your feelings less valid

VioletDawn

SF Supporter
It takes no strength to stay alive when the thing forcing you to stay is fear of death and self preservation. It is the strength to overcome that instinct that I try desperately to find. I lead a wretched existence. People who say I'm strong have no idea how terrible that makes me feel. It makes me feel so alone when it appears that no one else understands that. I'm not ignoring the suicidical thoughts. They consume me and cause so much suffering. Why does everyone assume being alive is always by choice.. like suicide is easy or something? If it was easy I'd have died a decade ago. Instead I've been trapped here for years in torment.

Last edited:

Ella

Hope.less
It takes no strength to stay alive when the thing forcing you to stay is fear of death and self preservation. It is the strength to overcome that instinct that I try desperately to find. I lead a wretched existence. People who say I'm strong have no idea how terrible that makes me feel. It makes me feel so alone when it appears that no one else understands that.
Everyone fears death. We all have surivaval insticts. Even people who have gone onto to kil themselves. Im not trying to minise how you feel because i remember getting annoyed at these exact words for atleast over a year. But have realised youre still strong. Know you think about dying and are hurting so badly but i think its great youre still here no matter what that reason is. Not that im sayin people who kill themselves are weak. But it takes a lot to push these thoughts back. Im not saying youre not suicidal and wont kill yourself because youre alive. As i understand suicidal feelings. Just that it takes strength to go through this.

Last edited:

VioletDawn

SF Supporter
I'm not strong enough to die. Please stop saying I'm strong. It takes zero strength to do what I do. I'm not choosing life. It's not a choice. It's horrible and I don't want it. Does nobody else on the planet feel like I do?

Ella

Hope.less
Are you sayig i dont understand? Because im suicidal constantly and its horrible

I feel the same. So Am i Not strong and im weak because im still alive yet get suicidal thoughts? Or?

Are you sayig i dont understand? Because im suicidal constantly and its horrible

I feel the same. So Am i Not strong and im weak because im still alive yet get suicidal thoughts? Or?
If you understand then just say that instead of pushing the it takes strength rhetoric.

Ella

Hope.less
If you understand then just say that instead of pushing the it takes strength rhetoric.
Im saying the strength rhetoric because i understand and trying to get you to understand my view and trying to make you see more perspective and can get turnel views when sad. If you want people to just agree with your original post then thats okay. But was just trying to help

Surely getting people to understand other viewpoints and constructive criticism belongs in the other sections of the forum. Maybe my definition of letting it out differs but as far as I understand it, the purpose of ranting is to let out the negativity rather than rethink or repurpose it..

Perhaps I can get clarification on that. Tired of everybody telling me I'm doing it wrong!

Ella

Hope.less
People are going to give you their view points. no matter where you post & anywhere. I mostly read these from “recent posts” not from different topics. Never the less, it looks like my point of view got you to rant more. & was only helping and lil rude...

But postive thinking doesnt make you more depressed. Dunno what that is saying but looks like load of random shit. You cant get far without postive thinking - you think something wont work- chances are it wont cause not letting it.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I am going to close this thread because it has become an argument. To address salient points:

• The only area of the forum where people will not give opinions/advice and simply offer empathy is in "Empathy and Compassion"
  • If members do not feel helped by a particular opinion or piece of advice the member is always free to skip it - not everything will be helpful to everyone, of course.
  • There are no universal truths - positive thinking / advice around that is not helpful for some people and it is very helpful for others. Neither member here is 'right or wrong'. The beauty of peer support is that ideas and opinions are offered and you can take what you need and leave what you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00