1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People with severe anxiety

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meh__, Feb 9, 2009.

1. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys have steady jobs and if so, where do you work and how do you deal with being so anxious? I havent been able to leave my house in months, let alone get a fuckin job. I desperately want and need one..!!

2. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you mate. I have gone on disability for just that reason. It sux ass; like being in a glass prison with no rocks.

Its like skating on thin ice with hot blades.

I don't know what to do either. The only thing helped me was xanax, but that lead to its own problems.

I know if I can get out just to take a walk or something it helps. Also, I was going to groups three times a week and that was helping.

Just getting out for whatever reason seems to help me.....

Me and my therapists often talked about getting in a routine. Like taking a walk every evening etc....

Easier said than done I know. :smile:

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I don't have severe anxiety, but I do go through some tough bouts. What I do for a living is private contract writing jobs. I'm paid to create documents like business plans, government articles (i.e. articles of corporation), and occasionally grant writing.

Of course...to pay the bills.... I also do anything I can get my hand on :tongue:. I think the secret to working with anxiety is learning a couple breathing exercises, medication, and some steel will. I don't know, really. I'm interested in some of the responses you'll get.

Telecommunication jobs is something to look into.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

luckily I get to go on SF at work, so it's a little less anxiety provoking to be here

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i cant get a steady job becuase of it, and many people IRL mock me for it, they dont understand how i cant just work. its kinda difficult to explain.
    i wouldnt know how to hold down a job with my anxiety :unsure: