People with severe anxiety

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meh__, Feb 9, 2009.

1. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys have steady jobs and if so, where do you work and how do you deal with being so anxious? I havent been able to leave my house in months, let alone get a fuckin job. I desperately want and need one..!!

2. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you mate. I have gone on disability for just that reason. It sux ass; like being in a glass prison with no rocks.

Its like skating on thin ice with hot blades.

I don't know what to do either. The only thing helped me was xanax, but that lead to its own problems.

I know if I can get out just to take a walk or something it helps. Also, I was going to groups three times a week and that was helping.

Just getting out for whatever reason seems to help me.....

Me and my therapists often talked about getting in a routine. Like taking a walk every evening etc....

Easier said than done I know. :smile:

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I don't have severe anxiety, but I do go through some tough bouts. What I do for a living is private contract writing jobs. I'm paid to create documents like business plans, government articles (i.e. articles of corporation), and occasionally grant writing.

Of course...to pay the bills.... I also do anything I can get my hand on :tongue:. I think the secret to working with anxiety is learning a couple breathing exercises, medication, and some steel will. I don't know, really. I'm interested in some of the responses you'll get.

Telecommunication jobs is something to look into.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

luckily I get to go on SF at work, so it's a little less anxiety provoking to be here

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i cant get a steady job becuase of it, and many people IRL mock me for it, they dont understand how i cant just work. its kinda difficult to explain.
    i wouldnt know how to hold down a job with my anxiety :unsure: