Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by emzkimo, Jul 25, 2013.

1. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

What gives people the right to play with other peoples emotions?!? I get that people don't understand mental illness if they don't have it but surely if someone knows you well they should know not to fuck you about!! And WHY do people think they deserve 4th 5th 6th chances, just because I'm weak and vunerable?! I'm so god damn angry that I let myself get in this situation ans I'm so angry that because I'm so lonely and vunerable I'll allow people to walk all over me. I'm so angry at myself and everyone else!!!!!!!!
  2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

people are annoying- yeah i'll give you that.

i know what you mean abou
    t the playing with emotions thing.. i think if i hear the words snap out of it, it's not that bad, get over it... the person who said it is really going to know about it
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's a shame when people have to treat other people so badly, and it shouldn't happen at all. Sometimes you don't know how people will be until it's too late, it happened to me lots of times, and I was mad at myself too for letting it happen. But it's not your fault if people hurt you, it just makes them a bad person and not considerate of others feelings. I'm so sorry that people have hurt you this badly, but I hope that soon you will have more people in your life who are kind and caring and won't do anything to hurt you.
  4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

At least you have an idea where things have gone wrong in order to work on stopping them from happening. (possible 4/5/6 chances being a few too many in some eyes - set yourself a limit of chances that you give and stick to it?)

You've recognised that there are issues regarding how people play with emotions, so it would be better for you to not blame yourself for how others are and have been.

Being angry at yourself will be more likely to cause further harm which could be counter-productive.
  5. John B

John B Active Member

If you frequently end up in the same negative situation then there’s something in your environment that you’re not fully acknowledging. You need to recognise behavioural patterns and constantly pay attention to peoples’ body language. I don’t know what you look like and I didn’t believe it the first time I heard it, but some people have a word like “victim” or some other target word broadcasted in their facial expressions, which a few people pick up on. These individuals know that if they say the right thing or do something particular, they can coerce you into doing something that you might not be fully aware of until after the fact. If males in your area look at you and can tell that you’re a lonely and vulnerable female, they will target you and probably won’t let up until they get whatever it is that they want, willingly or by force. I don’t know what the exact specifics of this situation are but for that reason you need to extremely cautious.