Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kuwairo, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Kuwairo

Kuwairo Member

So last night I said bye to my boyfriend at about 11pm.
    Within 15 minutes he was back at my house, after three idiots on bikes tried to mug him, and knocked him to the floor.
    I heard the noise outside and I ignored it...he was shouting for help...
    He shouted me and I ran downstairs and he was panicking so I didn't suggest police at that point. I patched him up, and we went to the police this morning. And the woman was so rude! She basically had a go at both of us for not going last night. Especially cos I live opposite the station. But it's a CSO centre - it's closed at night times so no one was there anyway!
    I just feel so annoyed and guilty for not being there for him, and so annoyed at this woman. Which probably isn't helping him much either.
    I'm trying to make him see that he did the right thing by running away (he says he regrets not hitting them) but my god some people are so cruel!
    How do I help him now?
  2. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

Be there for him! Unfortunately this happened and now he needs you to be his friend as well as his other half. Help boost his ego and tell him that he was stronger for running than fighting
  3. Kuwairo

Kuwairo Member

I did.
    I think he actually is starting to believe me too...
    Thank you =)
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Your boyfriend did the right thing in not fighting back. he could have been seriously hurt and it would have been 3 on one. Hardly good odds. I can't believe you were treated so rudely when you went in to file the police report. Maybe you should have turned it in that night, but sometimes people are not quite ready to do that.