Percentuale of love

What does it mean?
My boyfriend told me today...I love you. I love you a lot a lot...and I asked how much per cent..
And he said 80%
I should focused on a good part but I can't, I just can't stop thinking why not 100? And than I think is my fault..is maybe because the way I am

How much per cent do you love your partner?

KindaOtiose

I'm not sure it's possible to express love as a percentage - even if you do try and quantify your love for someone as a percentage, it would be impossible for others to interpret that score. For example, some people just say "100%" as the default answer ("how much do you want this job?", "100%"), whereas some people may be more critical and use "100%" as the rating for unachievable perfection. It's impossible to know what your boyfriend meant by "80%".

Is there something that is making you doubt how much he loves you? Sending hugs *sadhug.

I
I'm not sure it's possible to express love as a percentage - even if you do try and quantify your love for someone as a percentage, it would be impossible for others to interpret that score. For example, some people just say "100%" as the default answer ("how much do you want this job?", "100%"), whereas some people may be more critical and use "100%" as the rating for unachievable perfection. It's impossible to know what your boyfriend meant by "80%".

Is there something that is making you doubt how much he loves you? Sending hugs *sadhug.
It s difficult to replay.....I think I have to ask 80% compared with who or with what ...

Sad Elf

Hmm, see if someone asked me that, I would never say 100% because then I would worry that something would go wrong, if I told someone I loved them that much I would worry I was to happy. I don't think love or happiness can be quantified this way as there is so many things to consider , my mind is racing thinking of all the things that would need to be taken into account.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I think this is best answered by your boyfriend. We could speculate on this all day long but only he could answer what that other 20% is. Maybe he feels like that 20% is best expressed only to/for pizza for all we know. I'd be curious to know what he says though....

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't know...it s just hurts too much...like I don't matter at all. It s all pain
80 is like nothing..I don't matter even..and I thought I matter
Like i'm sorry, but i can't blame him not wanting to say 100% when this is how your relationship works.
You asking him questions like this then freaking out over him giving realistic answers.
Maybe this is the reason for the missing 20%, just saying.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I think it’s probably more of an arbitrary thing, as opposed to an accurate account of anything. Almost like a figure of speech—you know, how people always say things like, “99.9%... (so, I’m 99.9% sure / certain of the following. . . Or 110% - that’s one of my favorites; & yet another “more likely than not! // so? 51% . . . Well, that one might have some validity—so, let’s leave that one be other than for comparison s sake, for now, shall we?). So, I think a lot of these values, are more expressions of feelings, as opposed to exact degrees of measure of truth or value on any given subject. For instance, I think so and so is 1000% full of it!!! ;)

I think it’s probably more of an arbitrary thing, as opposed to an accurate account of anything. Almost like a figure of speech—you know, how people always say things like, “99.9%... (so, I’m 99.9% sure / certain of the following. . . Or 110% - that’s one of my favorites; & yet another “more likely than not! // so? 51% . . . Well, that one might have some validity—so, let’s leave that one be other than for comparison s sake, for now, shall we?). So, I think a lot of these values, are more expressions of feelings, as opposed to exact degrees of measure of truth or value on any given subject. For instance, I think so and so is 1000% full of it!!! ;)
I think this is best answered by your boyfriend. We could speculate on this all day long but only he could answer what that other 20% is. Maybe he feels like that 20% is best expressed only to/for pizza for all we know. I'd be curious to know what he says though....
With a clear point of view..it can also be that he can not say 100
He said..I love you a lot a lot..like you have no idea how much..
So if I think 80 is little and for him is so so much...it just means we have different perspective of percentuale

It s bothering me anyway,because I want 100 of course and it makes me think that 20 per cent is caused by the reasons I am on this website..on this site..my mind issues.so this it make me sad and a bit unaccepted...
I am sure actually...I will ask
It s nice to know
And I know is stupid ask somebody how much...I did it because it was ok in that moment..he started..it was like kids..how much..and he was a lot a lot a lot..it was like a joke thing, now it becomes so serious.
Wish I can tell less impact sometimes...

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)
Elizabeth Barrett Browning - 1806-1861f
https://poets.org/poem/how-do-i-love-thee-sonnet-43

“...
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life;...”

by my thinking @AliceinWonderlannd love is an imperfect thing and i try to make it as real as i can for whatever percentage i may come across during my lifetime. personally i think 80%, if it be measured at all, is a very high percentage. i think that that shows in the poem above. but along with however much love one is aware of, there is pain too and pain registers so much more vividly. crying is something i do, even without tears. a person needs to latch on to fleeting good moments and savor them. that’s how i attempt to keep on going. my thought for the moment i wanted to share...

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I mean, if you really want a clear-cut (& dry): or honest answer, then you can just come right out and ask him “point blank,” and then there you go (& you’ll know)... but, you’ve got to ensure or be sure, that you’re prepared for the answer. And sometimes, depending on the timing, how he’s feeling (is he in a bad mood / tired / caught off guard and feeling like he’s on the stand or backed up against a wall - that is, defensive?), so I’d really just recommend stating it in as emotionally free a manner or way as possible (so as not to lead the witness). Also, maybe try to make in conversational, and not so “heavy!” ;D just my thoughts as I am totally completely a million times over percentage wise distracted in a dozen different ways from Sunday’s! And thank god for you immobli e chat sign! Always there to block my way from seeing wht in rigitnbf

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00