perfectly fine life, but still miserable.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by maybel, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maybel

maybel New Member

I was encouraged by a friend to find an online support group for my depression and suicidal ideation. I have had really bad experiences with face-to-face therapy so this is sort of a last ditch effort.

My situation is that my life is pretty great, but my brain is a total mess. I have a great job, great family, nice house, loving friends. But I can't really talk to any of them about the fact that I am miserable and constantly think about suicide. I've made several plans.

I have a hard time thinking about the future or even tiny little problems like what to cook for dinner without just immediately defaulting to the ideation. I've been depressed for a very long time and have been on several different meds. I'm tired of living a half-life like this!

Anyone else in a similar boat?

2. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi maybel, I feel my issues are similar to your post. I am on different meds to see if they help but I know what you mean about tiny problems. I to get the same feeling when on the face of it it's a minor issue but I will lose any interest in tackling it and go into a tunnel vision approach or depression and suicidle feeling with no way to get out of it.

3. dpla14

dpla14 Member

I feel the same exact way / in the same boat . I have a great life and am grateful for everything I have , however no matter what my situation , I struggle with anxiety and depression . It's so bad sometimes that I lose all motivation and just lay in bed all day . It pisses me off that I feel this way because I shouldn't . It's just something deep inside of me that comes in waves and makes me feel completely hopeless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.