Periods... girls... women... ladies... you only please!

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Sycotic_Sarah, Oct 30, 2007.

1. When you're on your period, do you gain weight?
    My tummy is bloating like mad!
    I've gained a bit too. :mad:
    I usually do, but it's really bad this time.

:sad:

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You should find that the bloat eases off after about 3-4 days.
    A woman actually puts around 5/7 pounds during this time but happily its just fluid and goes away pretty quickly.
    If it doesn't go after a few days then probably you have put on weight, but it just sounds like a particularly harsh attack of bloat.

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

no I don't really, thank god!
    But yeh im sure it goes once it starts, dont worry :)

4. It usually does go away after a few days when I'm on, but I just asking if anyone else experiences it too.

5. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I guess i'm lucky, I started at 13, then stopped. then started because of the pill, then during chemo I stopped. haven't had my cycle since the beginning of this year! :mellow:

I never noticed weight gain, but always felt worse then ever and had trouble with flows. either really light, or realy heavy.. :dry:

6. i get that too sarah, dont worry :)

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Sometimes I get that... it goes away after a while though.

8. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

i havent had one for about 2 years now coz of the injection but when i had them i never used to pick up weight, only bloat which is due to water retention. it usually eases after a while. try to avoid salt during that time and eat a lot of cucumber, i was told that can help.

9. danni

danni Chat Buddy

same here you body just get bloated and bad cramping if your like me that has to take medi >_< but its normal hun, its just being part of a women :hug:

10. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Yeah, I get that, sometimes. But not too much. My cycle's kind of irregular, really.

'Midol' must've been made by some godly woman, however. Prevents it for me pretty well. I'm sure you've meds that do the same? :dunno:

:hug:

11. seenotears

seenotears Guest

oh I know how u feel :/ luckily i found the cure :D green tea. ever since i started drinking it i have not had a day were ive felt blown up! Try it :D

12. -GirlxNextxDoor-

-GirlxNextxDoor- Well-Known Member

people bloat? i don't -.- i just get stabbing pains and my periods are always jumping around each month, its annoying... do you think there is a chance in the future that men can get pregant that would be sooo funny :laugh:
    green tea? where can you buy it anyway?

13. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Before having children I used to gain weight and bloating both during my cycling and at mid cycling..... when the egg is released.......i'd bloat as well... like i took a five pounds.. then off it went to return at cycling time.

After having children the problem has been less evident yet swelling still being a problem, it was much less than before.

With age, this tend to resolve on its own.. more than all due to water retention so any diuretic (natural or prescribed) will help. Also something
    to relax as we tend to become nervous :wink:

Then all reinter in its rightful way, no symptoms or very little till menaupose arrives.... then it is hell.... :biggrin:

Do no worry about the weight gain..... it is not permanent and should try to lighter your meals and drink plenty to avoid bloating (water retention).

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

I get that too, quite predictably I put on 3-5 pounds a couple of days either side of the start of my period. It's not much fun at all, but I think all you can do is try to remind yourself as best as you can that most if not all of it really will just be transient and will come off again. But you're certainly not alone with it, and it is a very normal thing to happen.

15. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Yeah, it's normal.. water retention etc..

16. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

green tea it`s helpfull when it`s gone for ever too(I didn`t know how to write the word in english sorry):)