Perserverance

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Winslow, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

What is perseverance? To perservere means to keep trying. To keep at it even when there is no hope. What a waste if you quit when just one more step will bring success. Take one more step. Success is just one more step beyond failure.

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for this post :hug:

3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Oh what the fuck? If I keep on failing then eventually I have to succeed? That's simple probability..... but no one knows the amount of failures there will be before success.

It might be 1, 5, 10, 100......
    Why push the weak?

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Because that 101 might be the attempt that pulls through. Its hard to foresee such a possibility, and I know its easier said than done, but there is always that chance to succeed.

5. Winslow

As I said, I practice perserverance. But I also found something else. The other day, when I went to the library to use the internet, I ran across a book about happiness. It also included lessons on how to reach your goal. Of course, perserverance was mentioned, but also was Planning and Preparing. It's obvious about the Planning but the principle of Preparation was Not what I expected. At first,I thought it was the same as Planning but instead Preparation is to let yourself be open to Divergence. That is, don't limit yourself to a pre-determined path but instead be prepared for any unexpected opportunity or possibility, because that unexpected possibility might turn out to be better than your original course. In other words, flexibility.

That attitude can be applied to suicidal feelings too, in that you need not limit yourself to your predetermined path of suicide, because something unexpected might turn up. For example, today, here at the library, I suddenly ran into a friend I had not seen for almost ten years. Turned out he had moved to a different address, so he had "disappeared",in a sense. Now I have somebody else I can socialize with. He made my day.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for posting this,really makes you think.

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thanks Winslow...can you let us know the book? I grab whatever piece of wisdom I can and sounds like that book is full of tips, ideas etc to help me and probably others here.

Please let me know if you could..

B

8. Winslow

I'm afraid I don't remember the title of the book or its author. But to make up for it, I came across another book just as good, i.e., "A Whack On The Side Of The Head" written by Roger Von Eck. What his book does is teach creativity, Not necessarily creativity in an artistic sense but creativity to solve everyday problems. My comment is that although my thread concerns perserverance, but I find that it's Not enough. I must have creativity too.