Personal Details

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Asdlax, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

Hello, new here. Wondering here why I can't access the "personal details/info" page. I'd like to be able to modify my bio. Can someone help?

Brian777 likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello Asdlax, I'm not the greatest at this kind of thing but I'll try :) if you go to your profile page, on the top right hand corner there is a small arrow, click that and a menu will pop up with options, I believe the right one is account, click this and you should be able to access and change your details. Btw I'm working on an iPad so hopefully it's the same for any operating system. Hope this helps
    Brian

3. MinnBiker

MinnBiker Active Member

Ha! I'm on an iPad, too. I'm using the "keep poking at it til it works" method of troubleshooting.

4. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

Ah I see, quick navigation eh. Although I mean this,

[​IMG]
    Why does it lead me to an error page? Is it because I'm still a new member here?

Lol. That made me smile.

Brian777 likes this.
  5. Brian777

Lol.....that "keep poking method" made me laugh too :)
    Sorry, I only get that error message if I'm not logged in, which I'm sure you are. I honestly don't know. We'll need one of the Mods or Ben to look into it, I'm sure they will solve the dilemma.
    Now, how did you get a picture up there???? I've never figured that out lol
    Brian

6. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

Then I hope one of the moderators will drop by to clarify.

You can insert a web image via the textbox function, it works the same like any other forums. No html coding is needed for SF, just click the button and then paste direct URL. This is the icon;

[​IMG]

7. Brian777

@Freya can you please help with this problem Lu.
    Brian

8. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

Would still like to know how to access it on PC but recently found out that the page loads fine on mobile. Thanks everyone. I can now wait in peace.

Brian777 likes this.
  9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

The error page you were receiving if read down through it was the issue. We limit brand new members (less than 5 posts and /or 2 days as members) on what things they can do. They cannot post links, or modify signatures and personal information where links can be easily added because the amount of spammers on the internet made it impossible to allow instant membership without doing that. We decided instead of reviewing IP addresses and confirming all the information manually to reduce spam but it taking hours for somebody to get permission to even post that we would allow instant access to general features but make it so could not post spam links so the spam bots would go away.
    Until a member has 5 posts and has been a member for 48 hours to gain "full member" privileges , some things will get the error you were getting-

Capture error.JPG

I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused you but now the issue is self resolved anyway :)

Teenmomstatistic and Brian777 like this.
  10. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

AH. I suspected that; glad to see it confirmed! Aye, earlier I found it now works on desktop too. Thank you for responding

Brian777 likes this.
  11. Artemis88

Artemis88 Member

Hi, I want to change my username to Artemis88. Already contacted WildCherry but heard nothing back yet. Could any of the other Admins change it please?

12. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Done that for you :)

13. Artemis88

Artemis88 Member

Thank you.

14. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I think it is playing up too. I wanted to add details on my profile, say in the About Me part and keep getting error message in red saying not allowed to access the page.

15. Brian777

You'll be able to access your profile shortly, it takes a little while for the moderators to approve full access.
    Brian

16. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

48 hours and 5 messages to get full membership access privileges. This is to help cut down on spammers that join just to put links all over forum and profile pages. It grants full member status automatically after 48 hours and 5 posts.

17. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Yes it's quite possible I have not been a member for 48 hours yet.