Personality Depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DanielC, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielC

DanielC Member

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but seeing as how i'm sitting around in a dealership's waiting room having my car looked at i figured i might as well go ahead and post it.

i know for my part that i have no reason to be as depressed relative to other people's suffering. however, there is a part of me which does and perhaps always will tell me that i'm worthless, useless, and a complete piece of shit who will never be able to be happy with and/or around people. completely incapable of actually being loved.

to a degree i think we really need to learn to identify when we are behaving like this. i know it is very hard when you have nobody around to talk too or even do something as simple as go see a movie with, but what it boils down too is interactivity on a personal level. the biggest mistake you can make is meeting people and making friends based solely on the premise of depression, because thats what the foundation of your friendship with that person will be built on.

i say all of this but i can only speak from experience. i just spent all morning moaning and groaning about myself, saying that the people around me only talk to me because they are just being polite and have absolutely no interest in me beyond that. that because of that i should just kill myself.

i'm not quite sure why i haven't. i think a large part of it is just everything being so bottled up, myself assuming that i'm unlovable and that people just automatically dislike me. although i guess something can be said about how you feel about yourself is how others view you, i supposed i'm just waiting for somebody to see me beyond the self-hate. there is something there, i just need to figure out how to bring it to the surface, if only for a small while.

so i don't know. at some level i guess i will always be depressed, its just part of who i am (and part of who my mother is, thank you very much :mad:). maybe i'll just invent a way to correct chemical imbalances and styles of thinking and make millions. maybe i'll just go home and play video games. who knows.

2. TheKitten

TheKitten Member

I'm happy you posted. What you said sounds exactly like me. I know how you feel. And in my case its from my dads side but he has been in denial forever about it. x

3. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

thanks for posting... hope you can fight the voices that tell you u are worthless.... its a thought and try to change it to a good thought...

4. DanielC

DanielC Member

well i would say "you're welcome" but since i didn't really post it for anybody in particular i'll just say i'm glad it connected with you in some way :)

i don't know, i'm not sure how i'm going to view myself at any one point. i have, however, been to such extreme highs and extreme lows that i often find i can (to a sometimes very minor degree) alter my thoughts for a more stable existence.

as i type this, i just found out i am passing all of my classes, and being on academic probation that is such a fucking awesome thing i just feel great. but all the while i'm careful to not let it go out of context. to remember how past highs have lead to past lows. its key to remember to feel happy while remembering who you are to kind of work around any lows. and to not be afraid of lows. there are times where you will still feel like shit, hell i have to go to work tomorrow with the girl who i recently began to like alot. but she has it in her head that she does not want to date me, and that definitely hurts. and it touches an area of my past which is very sore.

but...i don't know. i'll just go in and wing it. see what happens. who knows.

5. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

without a doubt i have personality depression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.