Perspectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is ok. I will always personally remember this forum for pulling me through a dark time and giving me the confidence with which to seek help and use it to the best of my ability.

I am a trainee journalist, at a local paper in East Sussex, UK. In Sussex at the moment there is a crisis with a shortage of beds for those on Psychiatric Wards; as someone who has suffered many times I believe this is nothing short of a scandal.

The one thing a therapist can't change is societal attitudes; and I have my own view on the role social networks play in making things harder or easier for someone who is struggling.

I would like to ask for the perspectives of anyone on this forum on what attitudes they feel have been problematic for themselves or for other people who are struggling..

If you would like, when I finish my first two reports on the Sussex Mental Health Crisis,
I would like to share them with you.

Peace and Love,
rainbowduke

mpang123

I have heard so many people who needs psych support but don't have the proper insurance to help pay for therapy, hospitalization and meds. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is so sad that those in need are just brushed away because of their financial situation. Then you hear all the horrible things that happen in the news about the mentally ill committing outrageous crimes. I wish there would be more help for the indigent so they won't fall into the cracks, being neglected, and end up locked up, or dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00