Pesticides link to ADHD children

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Basically it is an article that lays the foundation for a possible argument between exposure to common pesticides used on fruits and vegetables, and ADHD. Personally I am of the mind that there has to be some unexplained environmental cause between such a rapid increase in learning disabilities such as ADHD and other stuff like Autism (along with a pre-disposed genetic condition that makes you more susceptible to ADHD and Autism). Honestly clearly more data is needed, but after reading this I think it is fair to bring it up as a possibility.
  2. Friend

Friend Well-Known Member

I agree. I think that due to industrial pollution of the water soil and air, DDT and pesticides and the other tampering (chlorine, alum, & fluoride in the water), prescription pharmaceuticals which no one really knows are safe or not, etc etc the list just goes on, we have the skyrocketing autism, adhd, and I even believe that it is the cause of schizophrenia, as well. But no one really knows and I'll prove it. If someone can accurately explain to me the cause and cure of schizophrenia, and I try it and it works, then I will personally give them ten thousand dollars, and that's a promise. I will drop everything, all of my plans and current life and work 50-hr weeks. I will make paying the $10,000 my #1 priority in life for the time being until it is paid in full.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

You also gotta keep in mind that diagnosis of ADHD has always been controversial, there are a lot of doctors who think it's diagnosed much too freely. I also think it's easier to be diagnosed with it nowadays.
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

It's not well understood, but it is known to have existed for a very long time. Because it's not understood there's no known cure, but there are some medications and mental techniques known to help treat it. Ask a psychiatrist

To be perfectly honest, I think the increase in autism is well worth the lack of starvation, polio, smallpox, scarlet fever and dysentery in our society. A kid that is a bit slow or whatever else from autism is better than a kid crippled from polio and crapping blood from the dysentery all while starving.
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Obviously with more chemicals in everything, even the air we breathe, it's going to have negative effects on health. Duh...

Damn, the so-called "news" of today makes me truly believe the nature of journalism has completely lost all common sense. I swear I saw a report a few weeks go that was about a "new breakthrough." Did you all know that vegetables are good for you? Particularly the green ones? OMG I DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS IS SO NEW OUR SCIENCE IS SUPERIOR. I MUST WATCH THE NEWS AT 11 O'CLOCK TONIGHT TO FIND OUT THIS PERTINENT NEW INFORMATION.
  6. Lovecraft

What's with the demonification of chemicals we have in this society? Water is a chemical, should we stop drinking? No. chemicals, natural or engineered, are not necessarily bad or good, and the generalization is nonsensical.

If you're feeling about our scientific advancement, be aware that there have been great advancements in computing recently. Custom DNA strands have been used to perform the function of resistor, even though they are exponentially cheaper and smaller.
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

We're talking about harsh chemicals that we know have negative affects on the body honey. We're not talking about just water. This is what I mean by a lack of common sense in people.
  8. Lovecraft

Don't be so ambiguous.

Anyways, were we to desist from the actions that release any toxins we would end up being less healthy. Ironically we depend on polluting activities to keep us alive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.