Petal's extended holiday or not

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Petal, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey guys, I have this crazy idea of wanting to lose weight and then work in spain for the summer, perhaps in a bar or restaurant? Can anyone advise me on what to do? Sites to apply? Anything, when I say spain, I actually mean the islands off spain....tenererife, the canary islands, Majorca or Ibiza!! If someone could help me that would be awesome. Ibiza would be my favourite place :)

Want to have a bit of an adventure and be independent for once and get out of here, a change of scenery!

P.S I don't know if I be able to lose the weight in time and the reason for losing the weight is because I have heard from many people they won't hire you over there if you are overweight, I know that stinks but its probably true.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Why don't you go for a holiday Petal, say a fortnight, and see what it's like & whether you like it there or not? That way if you don't like it, nothing lost, whereas if you go out there staight away to stay & work there, you wont have the return 'plane ticket to return straight away

3. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

There's a called workaway.info where you can volunteer in exchange for accommodation. Not exactly what you asked for but you might find something on there at least to get you started, a place to sleep for a month while you apply for jobs there. I think your idea is a really good one :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, I was just talking to my brother about it he said I wouldn't be able for the heat there considering I am asthmatic and smoke a lot. He was in the canary islands about 6 weeks ago, he said he'd be worried for my safety if I went alone. I said what can I do? I have no-one to go with.

I think I will just go for a holiday there first then make a decision, the tickets are cheap if you book in advance anyway, thanks for your reply.

There's no way i'm spending all summer cooped up in my bedroom. I can get my social welfare in anther country for up to 12 weeks (if not working of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.