petals new weight loss plan. now or never

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I went to unislim today and was horrified by my weight 20 stone 11 pounds. That is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. It's a huge wake up call. My diet starts today. I will be weighed every Friday and will post here as the title says it's now or never. I need to lose half my body weight. I believe I can do this. Please support me too, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    5 people like this.
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Good luck Petal, you've lost weight before and you can do it again. And of course we'll support you the same way you've always supported us:)

3 people like this.
  3. Petal

:)

Aww thank you. It's going to be tough but I'm hoping to be down a stone by Christmas. I've stocked up on almond milk and diet meals and veggies. I've failed to lose weight so many times, I'm hoping this is it.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Best of luck Lynn :)

3 people like this.
  5. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Hey Petal. I just started going to gym a few days ago. We can do this! Good luck!

3 people like this.
  6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Do you have or can you afford Weight Watchers? Their program works although I haven't conquered snacking. I am an emotional eater. I haven't done well; 10 lbs since mid-September. The only way I am going to lose weight is to start to go to the gym. And I can't find the time during the workweek.

3 people like this.
  7. Petal

Thanks everyone for the support. Weight watchers is an equivalent to uni slim. So I don't need to join them. Right now I am super motivated but it will be tough.

8. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Good luck Petal!

3 people like this.
  9. Petal

My diet is filled with fruit, veggies, almond milk,lean meats. I said no to chocolate, i kept myself full so I wouldn't give in. Doing great and the motivation is as high as ever, the 20 stone 11lb was a huge wake up call, I can do this. I need to do this for my health as well as looks. Right now I refuse to look in the mirror hopefully down the line that will change.

10. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Good luck! Hope you meet your goals. :)

2 people like this.
  11. Petal

Still going strong, I'm craving sugary foods and filling this craving in with fruits. I've had no high calorie fizzy drinks, just diet ones. I'm looking forward to my weigh in on friday, should be down a few lbs.

If I lose 2lbs a week I will be down 14lbs (1 stone) on christmas day and that is a figure I am happy to see.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  12. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

Good luck, Prayers for you hun.

2 people like this.
  13. Petal

My diet is still going very strong, i missed my weigh in as I did not get to the class in time but im definitely down weight. Eating lots of rice cakes, pineapple, fruit, beef, vegetables, im starting to really enjoy healthy food. Can't believe i've lasted this long and it is getting better. woohoo

3 people like this.
  14. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Well done Petal! Uhh I was addicted to carbs too, I know it can be very hard to hold yourself back! But it gets better, be patient :)

2 people like this.
  15. Petal

Went to the Tuesday diet class because I missed friday's, I'm down 2lbs woohoo

2 people like this.
  16. Petal

Taking into account I cannot exercise due to a fracture I think that's pretty good. I cannot wait for it to heal. I can still be down a stone by Christmas :D

17. Petal

I REALLY want a curry cheese chip but no can do!! Or curry samosas and BBQ ribs but again no! This is it.
    Have just had my supper, wholemeal bread with ham and tomatoes. Had enough to fill me up. Earlier dish was a weight watchers cottage pie and breakfast was almond milk and yoghurt! I am doing so well I am surprising myself.

Drinks:
    Water
    Diet coke
    pepsi max

3 people like this.
  18. Petal

This is getting difficult :( I had a take away last night(as a cheat meal), now plan on only eating fruit all day today to make up for it. I had intense motivation at the beginning and still do but i'm really craving all the wrong foods. Can anyone help?

19. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi Petal, you can do this. I'm not sure what you're craving but is it possible to make a healthier version of what you're craving at home.

2 people like this.
  20. Petal

Thanks kcho, the cravings have gone :eek: It was chocolate I wanted but ate a banana instead. Dieting is so hard and to be honest, i'm kinda pissed i was only down 2lb on tuesday as i had eaten very healthily but if that's as far as my body will go, i cannot do anything. I must have a slow metabolism.