Petal's weight loss 2015/weekly weigh in

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

We can sit down and talk about weight loss until the cows come home OR we can get up and do something about it. This is my plan for the new year...

I am full of fluid right now when that passes I will post my weight. I lost 3 stone earlier this year. but I have put it on again.

I am only eating brown carbs and only carbs in the morning.

My evening meal will be protein and loads of vegetables

Night time snack will be fruit or if really hungry some brown carbs/veg.

I found soup was good at keeping craving at bay and it is low calorie.

I am not going to do some crazy fad diet that will last 2 weeks but rather a more thought out and reasonable healthy diet combined with exercise. I will be starting easy on the exercise as I am very unfit.

I will be posting my weight every single week until I get to my target weight of 10-11 stone.

2. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

fat* diet

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Good luck. Be sure though to throw out the scale or it might be discouraging.

Some weeks you'll actually gain weight on the scale, but your clothes will fit better and looser. I'd only weigh in once every three weeks and measure my progress by miles I can run, stamina, and how I feel/breathe after climbing lots of stairs or doing push-ups.

I look forward to seeing your changes!

4. Petal

Thank you PB! I'm going to opt to keep the scales, while one week it may be discouraging, it will make me try harder and that's what I need, motivation :)

My friend lost 7 stone this year (about 100lbs) and I know I can do the same!! Self control, self discipline and keep the motivation high is key here I think :)

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

need to lose weight here too, will start in 2015 when all homemade cookies are all gone lol

6. Petal

If everyone wants to do a weekly weigh in, stating your weight loss that'd be awesome. When I was with unislim, I lost weight pretty quickly so I thought to myself this is easier than I thought and thinking that I put the weight back on. So doing it every week will ensure that you keep on top of it and have the motivation to weigh less than the previous week. Starts tomorrow, I will be including light exercise to start with.

Hop on board anyone that wants to.

7. Petal

I remember YEARS ago, maybe 5-6 years ago, an administrator (Hazel) used to do a chat meeting once a week to discuss how the week went/ diet plans/ slip ups and just a chat in general. I was not a part of it as ironically I was actually underweight then but I was thinking if we have enough members that we could do this again. I think it would motivate us and give us determination and having a pal to do it with is much easier than doing it alone. What does everyone think?

8. DrownedFishOnFire

Yeah, Im on board with that idea.

9. Petal

Hiyas, how was your first day?

Mine went great and all as planned.

10. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Mine blew lol - but its okay, things will begin properly today. Made myself a food diary and everything. Need to try to get more water into me also. I took a weight and I will take another on the 1st Feb. See what I can lose in a month :)

11. DrownedFishOnFire

My last 2 days kinda sucked. Ate a lot chocolates leftovers from the Holidays, but started taking vitamin pills for first time.

12. DrownedFishOnFire

Did ok this week. Ate less calories some days and more calories other days. Sweet tooth is bad this week but total calories was ok.

13. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

14. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

Can I join you guys? After the last bit of oreos are gone? First cookies I have had in years.....not good for me at all.....

15. Petal

Of course you can join us, anyone is welcome to :)

16. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I would like to join as well. Needing encouragement. I've lost 7 pounds since Thanksgiving. I have a long way to go.

17. Petal

Welcome heather :hug: Well done 7lbs is a great achievement.

18. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Encouragement: Throw out the scale! To hell with it! :annoying_computer:

Go with how your body feels, your strength capabilities and the fit of your clothes. That's a heck of a more reliable measurement of results than seeing a measly 5 pounds lost in x months on the scale even though your entire body has changed due to growing muscle mass. Just stick to what you're doing that works. You'll notice.

19. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I'm only weighing in at psych and family doctor visits. I don't own a set of scales (tbh, I don't want one). Good luck to all. We can do this together

20. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

I was weighed yesterday at my psych appt and in the past month I have lost another 3 pounds. Since Thanksgiving my total weight loss is 10 pounds. I have to give the meds the credit. I am on 150mg of Effexor ER. I'm not hungry like I use to be. I know that there are going to be ups and downs but I can handle what ever comes. Thank you for the encouragement. Happy thought to all.

Petal,

Keep it up sweetie. We will beat this together.