Petal's weight loss 2015/weekly weigh in

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
10lb weight loss is such a great achievement, sooo proud of you. You are right about the scales, they're actually not helpful sometimes they can be wrong and be discouraging.

I am joining a different diet group on Friday, I'm looking forward to losing the lbs, again, well done :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Started at 18.4

Last weeks weigh in at 18.0 (4lb lost

Today I weighed in at 17.8 (6lb lost)

Ten pounds lost in total.

Dewonderland

Hello petals !

Looks like you're doing good so far !
You have to think a new way of eating and living probably ... more healthy somehow.

That is the problem with me.
My way of dealing with food is ... disastrous.

Can I join in ?

I really need to be back on track with myself and doing it alone is really hard.

I don't climb on a scale though because it drove me crazy 10 years ago and I don't want to be back to that.
So I just check if I fit back in some clothes ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Of course you are welcome to join it :)

I understand that about the scales, sometimes they can be disheartening. Feel free to keep posting here and thank you :)

Dewonderland

Okay I just try to figure out who joined the Petal team to eat in an healthier way :

-Petal
-DrownedFishOnFire
-Freya
-Dewonderland
-smwhorses
-Jonsey

Is that it.

I join you guys starting tomorrow.
If I got it right, since it's a weekly meet up ... see you next sunday to figure out how I behaved.

Good luck to everyone for this week !!!
I am happy to do this with all of you !
:cheer2:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You are very welcome dewonderland. If you don't mind me asking, how much weight do you want/need to lose?

So there is 8 of us in on this now, it can only get better and guys when you want some chocolate, have some hot chocolate with no milk, saves a lot of calories. My little niece made some chocolate covered strawberries and banana earlier, I only had 2 but they were delicious.

My weigh in is every friday, costs me 10 euro a week but so well worth it for the motivation of seeing the lbs fall off so I will be posting fridays :)

Dewonderland

I don't know exactly,
Because I decided to not climb on a scale approximatively 10 years ago.
At that time I started to loose quickly 5 kg and then I kept on piling up ... mostly because when the scale wasn't giving me good results it was stressing me out and I was doing a not eating day and then sometimes the balance was still not good so Iwas just eating shit for a week ... and it was a mess.

I don't want to think to much about my weight now.
Probably something I'm not ready to admit but I think I might need to lose 10 to 15 kg.
I will mostly check with one short I was wearing when I was the right weight. When I can fit back in ...
But first step is a black jean.

Sorry this is not very precise mesure.

But what I will do is check the calorie per day.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi again,

you are totally fine, maybe the scales would discourage you anyway, each to their own :)

Count the calories or just eat healthily along with some exercise seems like the best way until you can fit back into your old clothes.

Best of luck to you.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Will splurge on eating out and drinking diet pop tmw and tues due to Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday

Wednesday is the day I am going to try to avoid diet pop and see how much a difference it makes. Also will avoid pork products as much as possible because I feel too guilty of those smart animals.

Cheers

Dewonderland

Also will avoid pork products as much as possible because I feel too guilty of those smart animals.
That doesn't surprise me to find people with compassion for animal also on this forum ! :giraffe:

I have a theory ... I should try to elaborate it someday ...

Anyway.
I am very wondering about diet food.

I bought diet coke (which in itself is plain shit ... I know I have to erase this from my food habit)
But 2 days ago I bought a low calorie breakfast cookie ... but I am not sure it's that good.
It's 162 calories ... that is the good part.
But I saw documentary recently explaining how the industrial food is actually making us fat with all those fake products they had to get us addict and hungry for more.
And apparently aa lot of 'diet' food are so full of that kind of gross and faked additive that it ruins our health more surely that if we were taking poison.

But I think part of the weight loss is also about getting back on being in charge with the food.
It is for me. I have to learn to not eat compulsively to release the stress.

I will come back at the end of the week.
So far it's a 50/50 : /

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey Petal-Lynn and guys.

I recently started a diet as well this year. I tried to do one a few years ago, but I wasn't using the right medication with little to no side effects yet (anti-psychotic and/or anti-depress). So far so good.

It's a low to no-carb diet. :o Was highly recommended to me by my psychiatrist. Breakfast consists usually of yoghurt or fruit (no banana). It's still the most important meal of the day, helps you burn more energy stored in body during the day if you had a good breakfast.

With low carbs it means: No more potatoes, rice, pasta, bread (even brown bread) and that sort of thing. Starch is a big no go I suppose. It will store in the body as fat the later you consume it on a day.
Also low carb diet will help burn the stored fat in the body, but not lose weight in pounds like right away my psychiatrist told me. That will happen, but first I will notice that my clothes fit differently or I'm becoming more slim without losing a ton of pounds.

In between I try to take soup or bouillon (chicken, tomato etc.).

Lunch: Usually the same as breakfast, something that gives a good filled belly, but will also digest easily. I usually do a healthy salad for lunch, lots of possibilities.

Dinner: Because of the low carb diet, I just take vegetables and meat, or sometimes a good salad with nuts and a little dressing. Nothing else. :o Enough options are available for variety.

I do get hungry a lot in the evening, but I decide to drink tea/water when I get hungry and then question myself after I drink: "Do I still feel hungry? Will I use this energy I take to my body?"
Don't wanna sleep with a feeling of hunger... I try to have a small soup or other liquid at 20:30 and no other meals after that.

How's it going with you guys this year concerning physical health?

Dewonderland

Hello everyone !

So I will do my week report :
Monday : OK
Tuesday : Not what was planned but still low calories ... but on the self-control factory it was not brilliant. so it's a FAILED
Wednesday : OK
Thirsday : OK
Friday : OK
Saturday : I was suppose to eat freely as long as it was under 1000 calorie ... I did.
But on the self-control part, I failed again. One of my friend offered me a cookie. I quickly estimated that I should still be under 1000calorie for this day if I ate it so I accepted. But I wasn't SURE and I wasn't long to say yes. So to be honest it was not a good thing. so it's a FAILED
Sunday : I called it a day off because I had some food to get rid off (Aka : pizza) it's done now so it's OK.
Now I'm back on track.

Total : it's 7 days ... but really sunday was no challenge.
So it's more on 6 days for this week : 4/6
Not ... horrible but really not brilliant.
Got to work harder.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Well done both of you. Ye are doing brilliantly!!

As for me, I'm doing much better than expected, I missed going to diet class to get weighed this week because I had a chest infection so will be getting weighed next week. I am sure I am down in weight, am eating very healthily, lots of protein, nuts, fruit, vegetables, I never knew healthy food could taste so good lol!!

Currently snacking on some grapes. Delicious!!

Dewonderland

@Citizen : I think it's super important actually to be able to listen to your body and also sometimes to reason with it.
I think my instinct are not too bad but I don't listen to my body enough.

@Petal : Congratulations.
But take care of you !
Is your chest problem getting better ???

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00