Pets can be positive life changers

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Heath2016, Oct 13, 2016.

What type of Pet(s) have changed your life?

1. Dog

2. Cat

3. Bird

4. Rabbit

5. Horse

6. Fish

7. Lizard

8. Mouse

9. Snake

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Heath2016

Heath2016 Member

When I am driving and feeling extra down I have issues staying focused on being safe. I decided to start taking my dog, a rescue dog, with me on trips when I knew I was struggling. I found having a living thing in the car with me changed my negative thinking. If you go rescue a pet from a shelter then maybe they will rescue you right back.

Share what pets have made positive changes to your life.
    Brian777 and Cicada 3301 like this.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well I only had 3 parakeets, but they were great companions. I hope to get a dog and a cat soon. Pets can really enrich your life.
    Brian777 likes this.
  3. Evan1

Evan1 Member

I had a fish and he was my best friend. Loved the company and he was really easy to take care of. It was so mesmerizing to watch him swim around in his tank.
    Heath2016 likes this.
  4. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Back at my worst, my 2 pugs saved my life. I lived for them. Now, I have 3 rescue dogs and 3 cats. The cats are nice, affectionate, but they are too independent for me. My dogs need me, they glow when they see me, they get excited when I wake up, they love going with me in the car...they are my true companions and they keep me going when I'm having down days. Once I buy my property in the next few years, I plan to rescue many more dogs, to save them and to make me feel better. They fulfill me :)
    Brian777 and shania like this.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Absolutely not sure how I would have got through the last few year without my critters. I've dogs, cats, indoor and outdoor fish. The pond fish had little ones this year!! :)
    Brian777, Heath2016 and Frances M like this.
  6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

What kind of fish are in the pond?
  7. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

They are regular goldfish. I bought them as "feeder fish" and they've done well, grown to maybe 5 or 6"! My last ones succumbed to probably a heron, they were maybe 8 or 9" at that time. There were three little ones, I managed to catch one speedy one and give it to someone for their pond, the other two are just too fast to catch so they'll stay where they are.
    Brian777 likes this.
  8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I love all animals, but especially dogs. My dog is always with me and with her I'm never alone.