pets **trigerring***

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Nerve, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

not sure where to post this, mods can move this if you wish

pets need love too.

i cried like a little girl :sad:
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

thats so upsetting, i remember when we had to put one of our dogs down cause he nipped someone, it was horrible, but it was the right thing to do. i dont know what kind of state i'll be in when i loose my cat, she means the world to me
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your so right animals are living creatures and all living things need attention and care.
  4. Concave

Concave Active Member

I care more about my pets than I do people sometimes. I had a cat for15 or 16 years that we had to put down...I was holding her when they gave her the shot :( A year ago I had another cat that started living on our porch, I got really attached. She had kittens twice. The first time she had em out in the rain and they ended up not making it, but the 2nd batch surrvived! Well anyhow, the cat (Laila) and her kittens would stay on the porch and in the day a pitbull got loose in the neighborhood and ended up mauling por lil Laila. It ended up killing her, I'm sure Laila just wanted to save the kittens, which she did. I wasn't living there at that time and my old roomie called and told me. It still affects me to this day.
  5. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Oh Wow. I'm crying.

My real first experience with a pet death was this past summer. Our oldest cat, he was 16, died after a long illness. My sister found him. I wanted him cremated, but my parents buried him in the back yard under the cat nip.

I still look for him when I go home.