pets

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by silent_chaos, Feb 28, 2016.

1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

Lets hear about your feather, fur or scale kids!

I have a quaker parrot. I've had her almost 16 years. She means everything to me.

2. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

I have a shit tsu she is 7months od and I love her so much she really hekps me

Frances M, silent_chaos and Brian777 like this.
  3. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

I have a shih tzu toy poodle cross, he's 4 months old. I also have the cuddliest cat who is about 8, and I've had him for 4yrs.

Frances M, silent_chaos and Brian777 like this.
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I have six geckos.

1 female Gargoyle gecko
    2 female Crested geckos
    1 male Crested gecko
    2 female Pictus geckos

Here's a picture of the gargoyle gecko. Her name is Gilligan.

Gilligan2.jpg

5. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

I have had my dog, Conan, for 17 years. He is a Chihuahua but weighs 10-15 pounds. I feed him ham each day for lunch and supper.

6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I have my dog Bella , she's 6 and is German Shepherd, I love her with all my heart ❤️

7. AdamTide

She sounds wonderful ! I know she loves you a lot. :)

Brian777 likes this.
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I have a German Shepherd that I got from an animal shelter 7 years ago. She's probably around 10 years old, although they weren't exactly sure of her age at the shelter or the vet. She's an awesome dog and is literally my best friend.

9. Brian777

My favorite dog and my best friend too WC :)

Frances M and WildCherry like this.
  10. AdamTide

You literally saved her life! Good on you!!! hug

WildCherry likes this.
  11. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

I had a day gecko many years ago
    E="Mr Stewart, post: 1428648, member: 12189"]I have six geckos.

1 female Gargoyle gecko
    2 female Crested geckos
    1 male Crested gecko
    2 female Pictus geckos

Here's a picture of the gargoyle gecko. Her name is Gilligan.

View attachment 54 [/QUOTE]
    I had

Mr Stewart and Brian777 like this.
  12. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Cool! Day geckos are gorgeous creatures. Beautiful colours.

13. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

No pets at the moment, but we have a lot of birds that come to our feeder on a daily basis. They are quite used to us and will even try to get our attention when feed is out.

Towhees are the most common and almost year round we get chickadees as well. The bird feeder a little to small to be comfortable for scrubjays but one has figured out how to use it by hanging off of the rail and using its tail as support just like woodpeckers.

At other times house finches, grey titmouses and other little birds come visit when they not being shouted at by the hummingbirds or the chickadees.

My rabbit Cooper passed away several years ago. He's buried in the front garden underneath a dog and two rabbit statuettes. He is still here but in spirit and I'd like to think he is enjoying himself and watching us.

Frances M likes this.
  14. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I have 10 ferrets, 7 for working 3 are pets in the house. I have 3 dogs, 2 for working, 1 being too much of a princess to work. I have 2 cats, both completely useless but think they own the place, i have 2 harris hawks, for work and hunting, i have one falcon for working too. 2 cockatiels which seem to think theyre gulls and i did have a hedgehog hibernating behind the straw in my shed but alas he woke up for spring and wandered underneath one of the hawks and became food.
    I have a couple of eagle owls, a vulture and some other broadwings out on loans to friends too. Until recently i also had about 3000 rats, but they are gone now.

15. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

I have a 10 ft. Boa Constrictor snake.
    I got her from a couple of friends of mine who are breeders that had their hands full at the time.
    However, if she grows much more I might just have to give her back to the owners due to cost and difficulty of maintenance.
    Snakes really aren't that hard to take care of, or that expensive....until they get really big.

16. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

My little furry person is Shadow, a mostly black cat. (She has three very tiny bits of white and one single white hair on her chin). She is my bestest friend. :) *purr purr* At night, I hand feed her some kibbles when we go to bed. She does "Two Paws" - sits on her haunches to grab them from me; "Kitty Kisses" - I make a fist and hold the kibble there, and she has to nuzzle my hand to get it; and then she eats directly off "Mummy's Paw" when I hold them flat in my palm. I love my baby. :)

Frances M likes this.
  17. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Have two cats. Currently trying to get both to coexist, one is truly a fiesty little one and another one is totally my soul cat. Just put my dog to sleep in the spring. Am still depressed about it. Trying to focus on the two cats now and go from there.

Brian777 likes this.
  18. Brian777

I'm sorry about your dog my friend, I've been there too and it's one of the hardest things to go through.
    Brian

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  19. Gato

Gato Member

Dude, cats are not useless. Their presence reminds us to keep calm, sit back and relax, because no matter how much we stress and worry and run and freak out, shit will just keep flying around.
    But I know you did not mean anything bad when you wrote cats are useless. Animal lovers are animal lovers.

20. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

I don't have any pets myself right now, but my roommate has a ball python. Pretty cool.