pfft

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Terry, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

SIGH!!

been trying to come to terms with stuff and failing miserably :sad:

If, and I know its a certainty, I lose my dad I have no idea how to come to terms with that :sad:
    My dad raised me, my dad was always there when no one else was and yet he's dying :blub:
    On top of that my mother, who I do not have a great relationship with ,is falling apart.
    On top of that, money is becoming a huge issue.
    on top of that I still am dreaming of shit I shouldnt dream of :sad:
    But most of all, my dad is dyingand there is nothing I can do :sad:

2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:hug: in my thoughts and prayers xx

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

:hug: Kells told me he was starting on treatment, but the outlook is bleak. Thinking of the place your in right now, life shattering and soul destroying, no other way to describe it. I know one thing. Your a strong woman with a huge heart. I know if anyone can get through this, you will. Thinking of you and hoping you will be ok. Please hang in there :hug:

5. helena

helena Staff Alumni

I wish the best yet for your dad dear,bleak outlooks don't mean all hope is gone...
    I agree with MJ, you're strong Terry,but call on me if you need a listening ear, a hug, whatever
    :hug:

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

You know I am here anytime you need someone hun,

7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

sorry to hear this terry :(

8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Terry,
    You know I'll be on mobile all day and I'll be on tonight. If you need to talk about it more you know I'm here to listen. I know there's nothing I can do nor anyone else, it's just a matter of waiting to see what the chemo and radiation do.

I'm so sorry Terry. You are the last person that should be going through all of this. For all the selflessness and sacrifices you have made you deserve a break in your life. I wish there was something, anything I could do to make things easier or to just dull the pain.

I'm around, don't feel bad about msnin' me during the day..it's not like work is all that time consuming. i'll always find time to talk to you.

Love you Terrs.
    Kels

9. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm around if you wanna talk Terry, if you need anything just let me know :hug:

11. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

:sad: I don't know what to say.

So here's a hug : :hug:

12. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I understand how your feeling I'm going through the same with my mum and the thought of losing her fills me with dread. You feel totally useless cos there's nothing you can do to make things right. My dads not falling apart but he doesn't care and is no support. Just take it day by day and don't lose hope the chemo and radiotherapy may well help things. If you want to talk anytime drop me a pm. Thinking of you :hug:

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear about your dad terry. I remember all too well what the feelings were as I watched my dad. The helplessness is unfathomable. You may not be able to change whatever the outcome may be, but you can let your dad know the love you feel. If you need an understanding ear, I am around for you. Please take care and stand strong. :hug:

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry to hear about your dad!! I am a father and can only hope my daughter cares about me as much as you care for yours..He will always be with you as long as you keep him in your heart!!

15. ~PinkElephants~

I hope today is going good with your parents and I hope you got some well deserved sleep. I will talk to you soon. You know I'm around if needed.

Kells

16. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

You and your family are in my thoughts, Terry.

17. Terry

Good Lord, what a day :dry:

Was just about to leave the house to get a bit of shopping when the telephone rings.
    By the time I reach it it rings off.
    I 1471 it and it's my parents' number, hit redial...why oh why did I hit redial :eek:hmy:
    Mum picks up and is incoherently sobbing down phone, can make no sense of what she's saying inbetween hysterical crying, suddenly she says"will ring back need to get hold of myself" she rings off.
    Sit waiting for the next 20 minutes with God knows what going through my head, nearly belt down there.
    Today is day one of dad's chemo treatment, so of course head is full of he died having the catheter fitted, the tumour has grown so large he's beyond treatment ETC!!!!!!!!!
    Finally phone rings, it's dad saying "it's ok, nothing to worry about" :eek:hmy::dry::mad:
    Mum then comes on phone, still crying and sounding like a woman on the edge, to explain, between sobs, that dad had left at 10.45am to pick up food supplements (he can't seem to eat at the moment) from the chemist.
    Ambulance is due at 12 noon, so by 11.45 and he hasn't returned; she has him dead in the car killed by a crash :blink:
    Then more sobbing for being a nuisance...scaring me....causing an uproar etc.
    Spend next 15 minutes calming her down until my aunt arrived, then got train and headed to chelmsford.
    We are now safely ensconced at aunts' house (hence am able to get online), mum is 6 sheets to the wind from the amount of brandy it's taken to calm her down and me and aunt are frazzled wrecks.
    And her GP doesn't think she needs valium to help her cope :mad::mad::mad:

Anyways am staying the night, will be back tomorrow..so you are free of me for the evening :tongue:

18. ~PinkElephants~

Terrrrrry :hug:

Be safe. Sorry your mums freaked and sorry her gp is a twat rag. Wubbles you

19. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

you know where i am if you need anything :hug:

20. Terry

Am back home....HOME :mad::mad::mad:
    have walked in to a place that looks like the A bomb went off:mad:
    the sink is full to brim with dishes....wtf did Mole cook last night :mad:
    Birds were left uncovered all night so were cold and been awake all night :mad:
    Cat was starving :mad:
    Am not a happy bunny :mad: