Phobias anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by oval, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I wanna hear about your phobias :) Of animals, situations or places?

Personally I have a snail and slug phobia. I even scream when I see a picture lol unfortunately a couple days ago, my cat decided to jump out of the window and run into the woods where he would hide for 4 days. I went in there, equipped with boots, cat treats and a laser that he loves playing with. The grass was hip high... I thought ok can't be that bad, I have to find my cat. I wasn't thinking about there being anything in the grass :snake:
    at some point I noticed I had a slug on my boot!! I freaked out a little but kept it together. Then another one and this time it was right on the top of my boot about to fall in!!,!! and everywhere I looked there was no escaping. I started screaming and crying, shaking and hyperventilating. My husband came running from hearing my screaming, he thought I had been bit by a snake or something lol he even fell and busted his already fractured tailbone all bc of me being terrified of slugs. He kept talking to me and made me take step after step bc I was frozen.
    I just wanted to die right then and there. Thats literally my worst nightmare. I had to apologize to the neighbors for the screaming.
    Now I dream about them and think they are in my food so I pick everythig apart and only drink water where I can see the bottom of the glass and I shake the blanket and check my bed carefully before I go to sleep lol when I was little I even refused to touch anything brown bc that's what I associated slugs and snails with. Terrible terrible. I need to move to Texas or Idaho or something where it's too hot and dry from them to exist.

So what is yours? anyone afraid of being watched by ducks? How do you react when being confronted with what you are terrified of?
  2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Spiders. Plain simple spiders, pictures of them make me shake, freak out and nearly throw up, if there is one in the room I freeze, afraid to take my eyes off it, in case it slips away to somewhere out of sight and unable to get someone to catch it. My mums place is awful for spiders, lives near woodlands and she gets spiders everywhere, the size of sandwich plates :mad:
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Most of my anxiety problems revolve around transportation and utilities failing. Like electricity, water, hot water and heat giving out. Fridge dying. Internet connection dropping out. Phone not working,. My car not starting. Because of that, I get very nervous when there is any kind of stormy weather. Especially heavy rain with lightning. Scared of floods and power outages.

Also mice.

And heights.

When I was a kid I was terrified of contracting rabies from being bit by a wild animal. I think i've mostly got over that one now.

edit--- forgot to answer the question about reaction. The answer is: badly. rapid heart rate, sweating, shortness of breath. meds have helped a bit with that stuff though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm afraid of: snakes, mice, rats, spiders, bees, most bugs, bats, heights, lightning, complete darkness, being alone, do I deal with these problems? By running as far away as I can from them, lol. I have too many fears and don't know how to deal with them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.