Phoning a support line?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rachx, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachx

Rachx Member

How do you even start that conversation?
    I really dont know how i'd even be able to start. I really need some help though and dont have a clue what to do??
    thanks x
  2. lil-sis-one-of-two

lil-sis-one-of-two Well-Known Member

You dont need to worry about it, the people at the support lines will know what to say.
    Remember you are only on a phone you can always end the call.
    Give it a go!!
    Be honest with them and they will do all they can to help you.
    Or the other option is to visit your doctor.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Start off by saying you need help and the rest will fall into place. It's sort of like posting here but you have a voice that responds and no wait time. Please do this for yourself. Hope it helps and let me know how it went. Keep trying to stay safe.
  4. blues-player

blues-player Member

Hi your nearest support line in the UK is the Samaritans.
    I can assure you they are used to people not knowing how to start a conversation.
    They will wait until you are ready to speak but will ask you how you are feeling right now.
    They will not judge you or tell you what to do but will listen to what you have to say.
    It may take you some time to put your thoughts into words but there is no hurry for you to speak.
    Let us know how you get on.
    You take care.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Many times I have simply told them I need someone to talk with me. Then they begin asking a few questions and it goes from there. It really isn't so bad. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.