Phychosis

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by NewAside, Jun 4, 2016.

1. NewAside

NewAside Member

It happens every time I see people. Paranoid thoughts that turn into delusions. I can't help but feel hopeless. Went to hospital for psychosis and now im out I don't know what to do. I have daily weeping mood swings that last hours. I feel terrible about my future prospects. I know most people aren't friendly towards me in particular and it makes things so much worse when I think about all the times ive tried and failed with people. Now I have psychosis.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am sorry you are going through this. How old are you may I ask? Are you currently on medications and seeing a therapist for your issues. Paranoia is not a ray of sunshine and I can't even imagine what the psychosis you are going through is like but I am here to tell you that things CAN get better and you can move on from this phase in your life. I wish you all the best and please keep talking to us.

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Psychosis is really hard and it is vital to have a support system in place. What was set up for you after the hospital for treatment and support?

4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello NewAside, sorry you're having this problem. Hopefully they've set up some follow up care after you left the hospital, you need continued care with psychosis. Take care of yourself.
    Brian

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Psychosis is very unpleasant. I am experiencing it myself at the minute and it's utterly dreadful. What support did the hospital provide for you on discharge? If you have a psychotic disorder, follow up is extremely important.

6. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

What helped me when I was going through a similar experience was knowing that people want to help. No one wants you to suffer through paranoia. I remember I went through one bout where I stopped going to school because I felt like my presence was a burden on everyone. I stopped eating and lost nearly fifty pounds in three weeks. It was the roughest period in my life. I got over it, was able to hold a job for almost 3 years and had two good relationships. I'm studying to become a chemical engineer, got the highest marks in my chemistry class. I know when you're going through something like that its hard to occupy yourself, but that's what you need to do, do chores, plant things, paint, try to learn a new language. Anything that can take you away from dreaming or thinking about yourself is a good thing.

Jenumbra and Brian777 like this.
  7. NewAside

NewAside Member

I have all of that support and things. The problem is that I feel dead inside and all of these paranoid thoughts keep coming. Nothing will stop them.

8. tireedd

tireedd Member

I'm truly sorry you're experiencing this...

This might help you: I don't know what your paranoid thoughts are, but try to simply ignore them.Whatever paranoid thought, if you can recognize it as paranoid (which is a huge step), then dismiss it.Try to prove that it's wrong.Think that this is a mental illness, and these thoughts are based off of faulty logic.

You said that you have all of that support.That is amazing.The meds will help you greatly.Find the closest person to you, the one that is always closest to you and supports you with your illness and put, like, the majority of your trust into them.Talk to them.Tell them about your thoughts, ask them why are the thoughts wrong and why they don't make sense.

I hope you will overcome the psychosis and get to enjoy life without these thoughts...If you would like to, you can talk to me via message.I'll try to help as much as I can.