Physical Harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by seamless, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamless

seamless Well-Known Member

Recently of late, every time I've been feeling excessively bad (when I'm out of other options), I've gotten a small urge to cut. I haven't done it in about a month. I used to do it a lot, I have scars all over my left arm. and upper thighs, even some on the back of my calves.

I stopped because I was afraid it would scare him away, which is what he told me. He told me it scared him being with such a self-destructive person, and he couldn't be in a relationship with me, but he'd still be my friend. I stopped for awhile on that request Being with him made me happy enough not to even think about it.

What does it matter anymore though? He's done with me that way. I haven't cut yet but I'm getting there. Something I also used to do, I used to physically harm myself other ways, in some extreme cases I threw myself down our stairs. Last night I slammed my head into the wall until I had a headache al night, I used to do that a lot.

I'm not so much looking for people to tell me it's bad, as I know this. I just don't know how to stop... or if I want to.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think youdo what you do to stop emotional pain I think in order to stop you need to talk with a therapist to deal with all the inner pain to learn better coping skills. I understand why you do it but there are other ways to cope call your GP and ask him to set you up with coucilling okay please get help for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.