Pictures from your town

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jameslyons, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

These picture threads are really fun. So I'd like to start a new game.

Basically you just post a couple pictures of your town or from your house (nothing identifiable) to give us a taste of what you've experienced.

Here's some pictures from my apartment window in Los Angeles/ pre- breakdown :

Fire-escape facing south : Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip061.jpg

Fire-escape facing west: Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip067.jpg

A shot taken from Pershing Square where I used to practice playing the clarinet during the late, late evening: Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip194.jpg

My front walkway: Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip038.jpg

A brothel along my nightly walking path Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip393.jpg

And Broadway, a continuation of my night walks. How pulp-noir does this look :D : Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip241.jpg

Another place to practice music in Los Angeles, the Walt Disney Hall: Angeles/?action=view&current=LATrip230.jpg

Anyhow, that's one of the places that really defined me. :)
  2. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

People can see pics of my house from the pics of the birthday party/sf meet up in december :tongue:
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Not very interesting but heres a few i've got on my computer.

About 10 min walk from mine:

Some old horse drinking troff:

Pond 5 mins away from me:

Some graffiti i saw yesterday, theres a few of this around here >.<

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Here is a picture of our town center I found on the internet. clicky

That's the main part of the town. Nothing worth taking a picture of on my street, I can't even see my neighbor's house from mine.

All there is is $600,000 worth of trees and forest that my mom just HAD to have. :rolleyes:

It's SO BORING. Nothing to do here.
  5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

6. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Rats or graffiti? :unsure:
  8. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

9. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Oh yeah, fun fact:

The sculptor of the lincoln memorial loved my town so much that he took it as his middle name.

It's also old enough that we have a revolutionary war memorial with names of soldiers on it. :blink:
  11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

London looks lovely! Same with LA. I'll be sure to put up some Miami pics later :)
  12. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

lmao, the graffiti :tongue: theres a few of those rats sprayed on the walls all along one side of the street >.<
  13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

14. intothewild

intothewild Member

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Sorry James and the rest. I live in Northridge, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. and there's not one damn interesting thing here anymore to look at. There used to be orange groves, now a mall; beautiful rolling green hills up the road about a mile, now a tract housing project;a revolving music center, now a Jehova's Witness Center; No wonder I'm so friggin depressed.
  16. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

17. jameslyons

How funny, Mike!

I used to live in Northridge. On Tribune street, a couple blocks south of the 118. :laugh: That tract housing project and church ruined the view, no?

Recognize this place? :

I don't have that many pictures, because like you said, it's boring as hell. :)

And for the record. All of you have had great pictures :)
  18. jameslyons

19. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

20. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.