Piercing.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Elle., Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

Hey everyone.

I self injure a lot lately. It's always been just cutting, but recently I've started piercing myself.

When I'm really angry at someone, especially if it's family, I just want to pierce a body part like my ear or lip. I pierced my own ear twice like that and it doesn't hurt at all when I'm angry.

Today I pierced myself again and really just becasue I would cut if I didn't and I think this is a safer and less embaressing thing to do.

I am just so damn ashamed of cutting myself and I'd rather be kicked out of my stuck up popular status house for piercing myself, than for being sent to a psychologist or whatever.

Just a rant.

2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling so much lately. This actually isn't the first time I've heard of doing things like that to replace self harm. I've known a number of people who have gotten tattoos and piercings for the same reason. You aren't alone there. I know when you feel awful SH can be hard to control. I'm around if you need an ear. :hug:

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I've always felt for some reason... that my piercings and tattoos were a form of self punishment.
    The first time, it hurts-- but after that it's like a guilty pleasure, kinda...
    The more you do it- the more addictive it becomes, I think... so be careful!

self piercing is less harmful than just plain cutting; but either way you will be left with scars that may never go away.
    If piercing helps you feel better though, I suggest you do that rather than cut yourself.

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've pierced my lip by myself....not sure if it was because of self harm, because I also cut, although its been a while since I did it...and your right, the piercing didn't hurt at all...

5. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.