Pills are bad, m'kay?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Spearmint, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Anyways, the title of the thread was kind of a joke, but what I'm going to say isn't.

I OD'd on Thursday, took a bunch of pills, my dad found me when I was taking them, and called my mom, and she took me to the hospital. I got there, and they made me drink charcoal, that was the most disgusting stuff I've ever had in my life. They had to wait until I was medically cleared, then they sent me to a local mental crisis unit-thing. I stayed there for like..3 days. And now I'm home. I'm not sure why I took them...I just wanted everything to stop. So.. yeah.. >.<
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Sweetheart Im so sorry you've been struggling lately. I'm glad you are okay and that there wasn't any permanant damage. You know where to find me if you want to talk. :hug:
  3. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Staff Alumni

:hug: glad your ok.
  4. very glad your okay hun
  5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Glad your okay hun :hug: And yeh your right about the charcoal is nasty >.< stay safe :hug:
  6. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

yeah, I know how you felt. its been 7 days today since my last attempt. I took a huge amount of pills, washed down with dry gin.

Because no one found me, rather a friend of mine saw a post I'd made, called me then called the authorities. It had been about an hour or so since I took everything. So rather than charcoal. I was put on a drip for 24 hours and kept in for 2 nights. The drip was painfull and the liquid was cold.......I had 3 blood tests and I freak out at needles so it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Lucky though I have no damage apart from bruised arms and the normal mental anguish that accompanies it all.

I dont know wether I'd have prefered the charcoal mind you!

I'm glad you're ok. I've vowed to never do it again. I hope you can find the strength to do that too. :bunny:
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: Jess,

I'm glad that you're okay. Sorry you were feeling low enough to do that hun :hug:

I also agree with what you said about charcoal......one of the worst tastes EVER :puke:
  8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:sad: :hug: :hug: :hug:
  9. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear you are okay Jess. I hope you are feeling much better. Please don't let yourself get to that point without talking to someone hun. I want you safe. :hug:
  11. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

That exact thing happened to me when I was 14. My dad called the ambulance because i was losing my eyesight.

I had to go to a mental hospital and drink charcoal too.

Anyways, I'm glad you're okay:) :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.