1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pills, Booze and The Rope

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

On 9/26/2008 I came home from work to an empty house. My wife, my kids, my dog, my stuff all gone.

< Mod Edit - Methods >

On other occasions since, I have also combined alcohol and pills, several times since at different levels trying to get the job done.

On one succ occasion I really screwed up and afterwards was told that my soon to be exwife never wanted to speak to me again. That put me over the edge. I went out the next day, bought a rope, worked thru the weekend (At my part time job) all the while looking for a spot to do the deed. That Sunday night, I drove to the spot, tied the rope around the spot, put it around my neck, and thought about my kids. I then spent a week in the asylum. I still have suicidal thoughts now. And even now I am on anti depressents.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello forpetessake,

welcome to sf :)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low. well done on seeking help. That takes courage. Are the anti-depressants working at all? how long have you been on them? :hug:

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

A month now. Abilify and Lexapro

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Keep taking them, most anti-depressants take between 4-6 weeks to work to noticeable effect. Don't give up hun, things can get better. Have you been offered counseling? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.