Pills, Booze and The Rope

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

On 9/26/2008 I came home from work to an empty house. My wife, my kids, my dog, my stuff all gone.

< Mod Edit - Methods >

On other occasions since, I have also combined alcohol and pills, several times since at different levels trying to get the job done.

On one succ occasion I really screwed up and afterwards was told that my soon to be exwife never wanted to speak to me again. That put me over the edge. I went out the next day, bought a rope, worked thru the weekend (At my part time job) all the while looking for a spot to do the deed. That Sunday night, I drove to the spot, tied the rope around the spot, put it around my neck, and thought about my kids. I then spent a week in the asylum. I still have suicidal thoughts now. And even now I am on anti depressents.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello forpetessake,

welcome to sf :)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low. well done on seeking help. That takes courage. Are the anti-depressants working at all? how long have you been on them? :hug:

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

A month now. Abilify and Lexapro

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Keep taking them, most anti-depressants take between 4-6 weeks to work to noticeable effect. Don't give up hun, things can get better. Have you been offered counseling? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.