Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin
Right. I don't care about the editing. But wouldn't it be pro-life if someone told me why pills are bad, and then that put me off it, and I decided not to kill myself? I'm not exactly asking FOR methods here.
If you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or someone else, contact a friend, family member, counsellor, helpline, local hospital or the police for immediate help.
There may be a time in chat or in the forums that the staff will ask for your cooperation to maintain a safe environment for all members. Staff have the right to reserve judgement on what may or may not be triggering to any member. If you are asked to refrain from something, please remember that the staff have the members of this forums best interest in mind and at heart.
New situations arise all the time. There are things that may not have been thought of when we established the original guidlines. We are not dictators, we do not make rules to do whatever we want, we do not wish to make any ones life harder, nor do we single people out. These rules have been established to protect members to the best of our ability. Thank you for your cooperation.
• This is a pro-life support forum for people in crisis. We do not provide or share suicide methods. Do not provide other members with knowledge on how to harm or terminate themselves in any way; do NOT encourage self harm, eating disorders, violence against others or suicide. Illegal activities are also not encouraged at this site, this includes encouraging underage sex and illegal drug use.
• Harassment, abuse, flaming (turning threads into all out war), trolling (starting a flame war), spamming and similar actions will not be tolerated here and is also wholly inappropriate. Such behaviour will lead to the member being put under moderation or banned.
• Please do not ask for your membership to be deleted, we don't delete anyone here. Of course we can't stop you from walking away and not coming back. It's important to note that it is very common for people suffering from depression to want to isolate themselves and push people away, then your own mind blames you with a constant guilt trip on how alone you are. If you do walk away, know that you will always be welcomed back.
• There is to be no cybering (cybering is like phone sex but over the internet), it is not appropriate and is not welcome here. If we catch an adult grooming a minor we will report the adult to the authorities.
• If you have committed a serious crime such as rape, murder or terrorism do not post on the main forum, the members may not be very forgiving and you might not get the support you are hoping for, instead private message me and I will chat to you privately.
• Being suicidal yourself does not give you the right to act how you want, please bear this in mind before you post on the forum or enter chat. People acting inappropriately will be banned if they cause problems for others.
• Do not be tempted to post as a grieving family member and describe how you have attempted, or have committed suicide. It just causes unnecessary pain for members, and if you are apparently dead you won't be able to receive any support.
• If you genuinely are a member's family/friend and you do want to pass on a message please contact a member of staff and let them decide how to proceed. Under no circumstances should a family member/friend post a message on the forum using the members' sign in name. You could find yourself banned from the site if this happens. For this very reason it is recommended you LOG OUT of the site daily.
• SF is not the place for fundraising or advertising activities, no matter how genuine the cause may seem.
• Please do not ask members to participate in any kind of study or research.
• Please do not post pictures of yourself on this site, this is to protect your anonymity as much as possible.
• Please do not post suicide notes on the forum as they will be deleted.
• Under no circumstances should multiple accounts be opened by the same person, as they will be closed when found. Please approach an admin to solve any account issues you may have, this may involve merging 2 or more accounts, closing an old account so you can continue posting under a new account or vice versa and renaming an account.
• Religious Discussions are now limited to the Soap Box forum, any threads outside this forum that turn into a religious discussion will be copied over to the Soap Box forum and the discussion in the original thread pruned so that support may be given and allow the discussion to continue unabated without hijacking the intent of the original poster.
• Please remember that none of the Staff or members here are trained in therapy of any kind. SF is no substitute for professional help, so we urge you to consult a doctor regarding treatment, medication or the like.
• Do not argue with the moderators either in the chat room or on the forum, it just creates bad feeling for everyone. If a Staff member tells you to stop a certain conversation or behaviour then abide by their decision, it is for the best interest of all. If you have a problem with a Staff member then come to me directly and I will address the situation myself.
Avatars & Profile Pictures
• When choosing an Avatar or Profile picture for the forum, please do not choose one that is triggering to others, avatars depicting self harm, abuse or suicide will be removed.
• Please do not use a photo of yourself as your Avatar or profile picture. This is for your own safety and security.
Chat is a great place to socialise and make friends; however it does have its dangers. It is easy for depressed or suicidal people to become triggered in chat or feel like no one likes them. As in real life, you may not get on with all members, or something said innocently could be taken the wrong way. Ultimately YOU are responsible for yourself while in chat and on the forum. If you are triggered by a conversation or by another member, leave chat and if it’s a problem talk to a member of Staff about it.
Chat Monitors names appear in bold in the chat room and can be contacted in case of problems. If no Chat Monitors are in chat at the time of the problem contact me or another member of staff on the forum.
The main language for chat is English, if people want to speak to others in languages other than English they can create sub rooms, but if a person comes into chat and doesn’t speak English hardly at all then we wont exclude them, we'll allow them to speak their mother tongue and we will try to use online translators to speak to them.
The 2 ways to Private Message (PM) other members in Chat:
* either type : /msg name hello
(where you replace name with the user name of who you want to PM)
* or you can double click on the name on the right and type in the box that appears
There are now 2 subrooms within chat:
* Adult Rated Channel - All flirtacious or otherwise adult oriented chat must go on in this room and not the main chat room.
* Triggering Subjects - If several people are chatting about a triggering subject to others, they are requested to move the discussion to this room please.
Member Titles FAQ
There are several titles for people here at the forum. Here is an outline to let you know what they all mean:
Everyone has this title once registered and they have between 0-29 posts
Members that have between 30 and 99 posts
Members that have 100+ posts
Members that agree to welcome all newcomers to the forum and give them a friend in a new environment.. request to become a buddy in the buddy chat forum.
Members of this group are over 30, if you are over 30 and wish to join this group, then check out the Antiquitie's Friends forum; there are details in a sticky inside that will tell you how to join
If staff feel that you have violated the rules by posting posting inflammatory remarks or upsetting other members, we may place you under moderation. While under moderation your posts will have to be approved by staff before being visible on the forum and you will lose the priviledge of being able to send and receive PMs or go in to chat.
Individuals chosen to moderate the chat room, they are not full members of staff so please do not contact them with your problems or account issues, they are there to keep the peace and the safety of the chat room.
Specially chosen members drawn from within this community have agreed to look over the forum and/or chat to make sure it is safe for everyone, they monitor posts for inappropriate or very triggering content, move posts to the right forum and make sure no one’s hurting anyone else. They are not necessarily the right person to go to if you are having problems as some of them are minors. If you want to talk to someone PM a Site Helper, described below.
Specially chosen members drawn from within this community have the same powers as Moderators plus promise to give a little extra time and effort to members of the forum so that people will always have someone to talk to about their problems. PM them anytime you are feeling lonely or really down but do remember that they are human too and may be suffering themselves.
Basically the same as a Moderator but has the abiltiy to ban trolls from the forum in the case that an Admin are not available
Admin are people who have been chosen by me to help run the site, Admin look out for trouble makers and can help if you have a problem with your account. Kennroe can help with technical issues to do with the forum. I don’t get a lot of time to post on the forum anymore but I always respond to PMs and emails, so contact me if you want to talk about your problems or have a technical issue you need resolved.
If you have need of me for any reason, whether it is a query about the site an emergency or whatever, I am normally in that chat even when all my other chats are closed. It may take me a while to respond but if you can't wait around and I am present in the channel (My name there is spider), leave a message and I will get back to you.
Also, if the official sigmachat goes down you are welcome to use that chat to continue chatting
How to use the Smileys without getting banned by the server's firewall
Hi folks, as some of you are aware, we have an issue with the servers anti hacker system in that it has a habit of banning legitimate members thinking that they are trying to hack the server. This is because some computers open too many connections to the server the site is hosted on.
The number one cause for people getting banned is the smileys, click the smiley list and refresh it and chances are you will get banned as I know well myself as I have been banned several times aswell.
The best method of avoiding getting banned is not to use the smileys built into the forum per se but to goto:
SF Smileys at FreeSmileys.org
I know it says the smileys there are for AfterDarkForums, SF's sister site, but the same smileys are in use on SF aswell. Use that site to browse the smiley list and if you see a smiley you want to use and say the url in the box below the smiley is: http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/alien2.gif
then just use the name of the smiley as such
and the smiley will work on SF as if you had browsed the clickable list in the posting page.
Really sorry for the hassle but at this time there is no way around this.
Troubleshooting - Common Problems and Fixes
Here is a group of FAQ's to inform you of common problems and fixes for the forum and the official chat.
Just signed up and you cannot post new threads?
Cant Get Chat to Work?
How to contact us when things go AWOL
Here are some tips and FAQ's about anonymity on SF
How to quickly hide windows.
Search Engines, SF and your privacy
Who to Contact when Things go Wrong
If you have suspicions about someone being a troll, or are worried about the content of someone's posts, feel a post is too triggering and should be changed, things like that, the people togo to, are the ones who come under the "Moderator" or "Administrator" "Site Helper" headings in the Forum Leaders section of the site.
If you don't know how to get to that, there's a link to it right below the "Links" part at the bottom of the index page.
You can see a list of online Staff, colour coded at the bottom of the page under the section marked Who's Online.
If a staff member is online you are welcome to pm them, otherwise if it is a post you are concerned about you can use the Report Post button in the post you want to report, this will email every member of staff, the first person to see it will deal with it according to the site rules.
Alternatively you can contact the site owner by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.
-- Default Style -- evoDove Contact Us - SuicideForum.com - Archive - Top
pills are a bad because you are putting poison into your body in an excessive amount, the liver and kidneys try to filter out poisons so these are usually the first places hit by an OD, if these organs are overloaded the can and will shut down, this take a very long time and is very painful, you may think a bit of pain before you die wont matter as long as you end up dead, well will you still think that a week later when youre in so much pain you cant move?
the above is assuming that you actually die from the OD which isnt actually likely, most sever ODs end in constant pain or further problems such as dialysis (sp?) or you can go to the bottom of the liver transplant list cos you dont need one now but probably will in 10 - 15years
if you think youve got the perfect OD planned think about where you got the info, im betting the person who gave it to you was alive when they did so, exactly how much of an expert ov the perfect way to die do you think someone whos alive really is?