Pills don't do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pat66, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat66

Pat66 New Member

I took <Mod Edit - Acy - Methods> two nights ago, along with several <Mod Edit - Acy - Methods>. Nothing happened, except a messy BM and severe uncoordination for about a day, but other than that, I'm back to Normal, unfortunately. I guess it's a pretty difficult thing to actually end one's life, guess I'll need to consider one of the more gruesome ways.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Pat66. I'm sad to hear you made an attempt. Maybe you can talk to us at some point about the reasons you feel so low. Talking can help relieve the sense that no one hears, listens, cares, or understands. Lots of us here would be more than happy to do all of those things for you. Please, stay safe now. I know things can hurt...they might also get better if you give yourself a chance to think of a life game plan again. Thinking of you. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

How about thinking about ways to get you out of that depression hun go to hospital get some support to get on a better path ok There is help for you just you need to reach out and get it hun
  4. Dhanjot

Dhanjot Well-Known Member

Acy and Total Eclipse. As moderators- a position of some authority, maybe not in Pat66's case, but for some, you've got to understand that for some problems talking about it or going to the hospital doesn't do a god damn bit of good.
  5. Jojojo

Jojojo Member

Hi Pat, it sounds awful. Perhaps it's a sign that it was not meant to be. Another chance to keep on living. Personally I wouldn't take pills because you only ever hear about the people that managed to die taking them. You don't hear about the many that end up permanently disabled as a result of over dosing.

I imagine whatever pain and suffering you have or whatever your problems are, would be far, far worse if you lived only to find your physical abilities were greatly diminished. Perhaps you would remain in a coma for years and years, a burden to family, friends and hospital staff tending to you who could be better served elsewhere.

Sorry for lecture! I see it as a positive sign that you were meant to live and I hope you find some small light in the darkness that envelopes your mind when you feel like ending it all. Look out of your window, there must be something that gives you interest or hope for a better tomorrow. Look at the clouds or the raindrops, or the cars going by.... Life goes on and so will you.x
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

This is a pro life forum - when people are actively suicidal and attempting we recommend they get get help as it is clearly gone beyond their own ability to cope. Suggesting or implying it is best for somebody to simply tough it out on their own is neither supportive nor of use.

Pat66 - before you consider other methods perhaps you would consider sharing some of the issues that got you to this point and maybe together we can assist you in solving them or finding better ways to cope with them? Happy to discuss with you here and certainly professionally trained assistance would likely help as well.

Take Care and Be Safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.