Pills taken

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by anarulesmenow, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

XXXXX and about XXXXXXXXXX. Not much and probs not enough to overdose but itll help. Ive also had 2 bottles of wine and Im currently searching for more pills.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

Stop, don't. Talk to us. Please don't, please, please don't. It can get better. Nothing is worth dyeing for except to save a loved one. No one will be saved by this. Please don't.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

please call an ambulance now hun...
    .you are going to hurt yourself but not die...that will be worse than how you feel now..
    don't want to damage your organs..
    get help now...
  4. anarulesmenow

I couldn't find anything else to take,been vomiting all day though
  5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Overdoses generally don't work. They can cause organ damage though. You may feel better then it will get worse. Go to your local hospital and get some bloods done to make sure you haven't caused any lasting damage. x
  6. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I hope you are feeling better but I have to agree that you need to get your bloods done and also if you are still being sick they can give you an injection to stop this and it does work with immediate effect - Take Care x
  7. anarulesmenow

its been nearly 24 hours since i took the pills ive had nausea and vomiting etc but how do i go to the hospital now
  8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

you can call 911

you could get a taxi to the hospital

you could ask a friend or relative to take you to the hospital

you could call a suicide hotline in your area

and they might help you

hey I hope that you get better!
  9. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Just go to your ER/ED. Say to them you did something on * (insert day) and you are worried and you want to get checked out to make sure you caused no lasting damage. Generally after an OD the nausea and vomitting to stop after a while. However, this does not mean that you are ok and have not caused damage. So it is really important you go sooner rather than later as you may need something to reverse the damage. If you are still feeling nauseous they will be able to give you an anti sickness drug, usually cyclazine or metaclopramide.

If you are in the UK how it will work here if you go to hospital is you will check in at the desk. You will then see a nurse pretty quickly to be triaged. They will ask you what you took, when, how many, what your intentions were and take some basic obs (BP, temp, pulse). They will then make you wait some more (this bit can take a while if you are feeling over anxious let them know they may be able to get you in a cubicle away from the waiting area) and you will probably see a doctor or another nurse who will take your bloods. They will ask you more about your intentions at the time, what your intentions are now, how you feel now, who you have at the moment, who you live at home with etc etc.

They will probably put a referral in to Psychological medicine who will send down a nurse to assess you. Usually about a 30 minute chat about what has been going on which led up to you taking the OD. Be honest. I have a thing about this stage in that I am never honest as I feel like all they are assessing me for is to see if I need a psych bed so I keep a lot to myself. I shared this with them last time I was assessed and they said that although that is one of the things it's more about getting you support from home and in the community so that you don't keep presenting at the ER/ED. Psych beds are few and far between and the last thing they want to do is admit people.

You will have to wait for your blood tests to come back. If you are in the UK they have a 4 hour rule which means that from showing up at the front desk to being discharged they need to aim to get you out in 4 hours.

Take a book for if you are kept in main waiting area as will give you something else to focus on. If you manage to get a cubicle I found that having my iPod is a great tool. Do something to occupy your self rather than sitting there worrying about things.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Good advice from GoldenPsych there. Please go and get yourself checked out. :hug:
  11. anarulesmenow

I didn't go in the end. Bit afraid and it's too late now
  12. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

13. anarulesmenow

Thanks. Its just like I can feel the death all around me and I know its coming soon. I can almost taste it, thats how close it is.
  14. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey, why not call the suicide hotline

maybe they can talk to about going to the hospital

I hope that things get better soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.