Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by titanic, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I have cut down drinking alcohol considerably, I have given up smoking and am not cutting recently. Instead, I am taking pain killers everyday. It's gone from one thing to another! I was feeling suicidal but feel unable to carry it through because of my beliefs. Yet, in some strange way (in my thinking) taking the pills gives me the sense that I am doing it to take away the pain, but if something should happen to me it won't be my fault. I know it's crazy!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

On the bright side, you have cut down on drinking, smoking, and cutting which is a good thing. But you've replaced these with pills. Maybe you can try replacing the pills with something a little less harmful now?
  3. titanic

I am nearly well enough in myself to change for the better, I feel it. After extensive counselling, I understand myself so much more - given time things will be OK. God can do things for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Pray for me please?

I know God has alot in store for me yet! So I can't give up trying.
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Addiction to painkillers isn't good at all, trust me. You might want to slowly ween yourself off of them, and replace it with something positive, like exercize, or reading, or whatever. I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it.

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

you probably have an addictive personality..
    im glad you stopped cutting and drinking but beware of the pills, they are as worse and you can highly overdose and end up with a bad liver..
  6. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I understand how ur feeling, I cut back on cutting and went onto taken tramadol. taken upto 20 a day, my counsellor said its self harming.

I started as I wanted to die and figured that taken too many everyday would eventually shut down my organs, but i was told that someone would intervene before i got to dying, and could end up on dialises for the rest of my life.... I have since cut down, but I still take too many painkillers in one day.
  7. titanic

I have been taking tramadol as well, which my dr precribed for toothache.
  8. titanic

I will stop taking pills, it's no good - they will only mess me up. :sad:

I have only been doing this recently - I always hated taking any sort of pills so I know this had to be 'serious' for me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.