Piss anyone else off?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by wheresmysheep, Apr 9, 2011.

1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Does it annoy anyone else get pissed off when your talkign to a mental health professional, and you tell them about attempts and/or self harm, and they automatically call it a "cry for help"
    Just because someone failed at an attempt doesnt mean they did it just to get help. Yes we should get help when we attempt and survive, but its shouldnt come to attempting to get it. neither should they assume that its just a cry for help.
    Its more than that. and they just dont get it.
    Annoys me.

2. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

none of the dumbass pdocs that i have had ever said it was a cry for help. if anything, they were probably cheering me on to kill myself because they are pieces of shit. people here will stick their nose up at you.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You are so right...I hate when any professional devalues someone's pain in that way...so heartless!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They have not felt the pain obviously or they would not be making such judgements until one has felt the depth of sadness despair they will never get it.

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Thanks J, always put what I'm trying to say moreeloquently :laugh: I can never find teh right words.
    But yes, thast what i mean in a nut shell. Devaluating what we're feeling, by saying we're just looking for help, and doing it this way.
    Bothers me so much, because i verbally asked for help for years, and then had "serious" attempts, and apparently thats my cry for help... eh, no. That was me saying I had had enough fighting to be 'OK' and wanted it all to end. and they just dont get that.