Pitch Me a Movie!

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by KittyGirl, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

This is a game we used to play in film school as a warm-up, basically... just to get the 'creative juices' flowing. The point of the game is to come up with as many strange/not do-able ideas for original movies or sequels to already good/moderate/horrible movies.

There aren't really any rules, all you have to do is write a pitch (a concept) for a movie in a couple of sentences.
    It doesn't even have to be totally original- you can name off specific movie stars for the roles- directors, musicians, combine 2 or more movies that have been done before, remake older movies...etc.

Here's an example:
    "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" meets "Dawn of the Dead" - a sequel to the original Roger Rabbit movie; with zombies.

lol- horrible idea, but that is the pitch.
    You can do point form, sentences, paragraphs, whatever way you happen to type it out!
    Good luck! Let the game begin!

oh-- and if you're wondering who wins? Everyone wins! haha
  2. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Something like the movie "into the wild", except he lives, has more adventures, building his dream, but never finding what he's looking for, feels more and more defeated at every new stage of his life, and eventually suicides...
  3. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Oh, a fellow movie maker :)
    I make music videos for fun (from pirated materials, but don't tell anyone) and I just finished media production school.

Hannibal meets Sex and the City. Tagline: Yummy, fresh silicone.
  4. LogDork

Haha, no, I'm no film maker, my early life was much like the guy's in that movie.
    Now I'm a wildlife biologist, log home builder, welder, and beginning blacksmith artist.
    Oh, and suicidal as all get out...
  5. lifeisashedog

Are you Grizzly Adams??? :Jumpy:
  6. LogDork

Hardly, I have a scruffy multicolor beard, been called "auchwich thin" by a nurse, and balding with one of those sorry little pony tails.
    But I suppose I am about as much a mountainman as any in the lower 48.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Reworking it so it doesn't suck: steampunk Lord of the Rings.

Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" *Machine gun*
    And Nazgul in biplanes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2010
  8. lifeisashedog

Gremlins meet Flyboys!
  9. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

- don't know the actor though
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know much about it, just that it has lots of explosions and battles. There's also a tango dancing scene, a talking dog and some psychic orphans.
  11. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

"Honey, I Shrunk Godzilla!"

A miniature Godzilla battles against normal-sized insects to determine the fate of the backyard!
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Dude!! I totally need to write this now!!! lol :lol: Although that sounds like every action movie in existence, combined with Scooby Doo, Addams Family, and Race to Witch Mountain :frog_banjo:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.