Planning

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sweetsweet, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetsweet

sweetsweet Well-Known Member

I think I am going to start looking at ways to kill yourself on the internet again. I remember researching my last attempt for like several months before I finally did it. Hopefully this time it won't take so long.

2. heartlessfaceless

heartlessfaceless Active Member

hmmm...most suicidal people dont "plan"..its a feeling that eventually u give into a whim.

3. sweetsweet

I planned out the first one. Actually it's just something that I decide I will do when I get an urge. It's not really in my personality to just do something without putting a lot of thought into it.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Actually you must have a thought in order to have a feeling. So go back to the thought and work from there.:chopper:

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

that's not true for everyone. plenty of people plan. i did.

sweetsweet, while you are on the internet, google mary ellen copeland and WRAP - she might give you another perspective on depression, mental illiness, and getting well.

even as you research methods, spend more time researching how to get and stay well.

6. sweetsweet

I don't really see any use in looking at getting well stories. No i"mproving your life" or "reasons your life is worth living" writings get to me. Most of the time I feel like I don't want to be here. I just try to find little reasons for seeing the next day. But, I relaly feel like one of those people who will never be happy. Just thank God for alcohol.

7. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I plan 2 - i like to know that I have some sort of back up. I didnt really look in to my 1st time and just did what I thought would work. The internet though if you have an idea it can tell you what to expect and how much or what to do if that time comes.

I have looked in to a few differnt thngs, mainly to make it look like an accident or at least so that my bf and family aren't always aware that I took my own life.

However, as the internet is good for planning it is also good for trying to get help or give you some pers[ective.

8. Jasonfine27

Jasonfine27 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having suicidal thoughts. Nothing I can say will change your mind, but there is hope out there. You need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and just keep chasing that light. Even if you stumble a tad, keep going after that light. :)

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Try to make sure you spend as much time researching ways to live. What can you lose by doing so? Continue on taking things one small step at a time. You would be surprised at just how much time can pass.

10. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Many big things are done with little steps.

Research both ways, but remember that if you ever need to say or talk about anything, we are here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.